Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading that Russia is preparing the necessary legal requirements for mass mobilization. Also Russian propaganda working over time and it’s working on the population. Putin gonna turn this into a new patriotic war against the “West”

the Z symbol has become a way Russians show their support for the war :lupe:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This WW3 rhetoric is so funny to me. They dont see this argument when the USA does anything and the USA isn't threatening Russia with nuclear annihilation. But when Russia does something they run to Russia's defense as if Russia can't rationally defend themselves.

its so weird in the sense that they think Russians are too stupid to know what they're doing

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
Reading that Russia is preparing the necessary legal requirements for mass mobilization. Also Russian propaganda working over time and it’s working on the population. Putin gonna turn this into a new patriotic war against the “West”

Where are you seeing this?

It wouldn’t surprise me though; Russian economy is tanked, martial law is in place and this appears to be Putin’s last hurrah for Russian empire glory and orthodox Christianity or some shyt.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@Rhakim could I get your take on whether you think this feed is unbiased factual info re: military operations or pro-Russian/Kremlin talking points disguised?

https://twitter.com/ClintEhrlich

He's definitely pro-Russia, but that doesn't make him a propagandist necessarily because you can support a country without spewing propaganda. If he's a propagandist then he's an incredibly nuanced one, because he's mixing stuff that makes Putin look good and stuff that makes Putin look bad pretty evenly. But a lot of the stuff he says supporting Putin lines up especially well with Russian propaganda, whereas the stuff he says against Putin is all basically common knowledge that everyone knows anyway.

And he does have a bit of a history that makes him suspicious.

An American working in Moscow is playing a key role in an effort to support President Donald Trump by “fact-checking” claims about Trump’s alleged connections to Russia.

Clint Ehrlich is a visiting researcher at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO). He gained attention during the US election campaign for repeating Kremlin talking points in an opinion piece published in Foreign Policy that outlined the view that Hillary Clinton genuinely wanted to start a war with Russia.

“I’m not hiding the fact that I like Russia,” Ehrlich previously told BuzzFeed News. “I feel like my views about international relations are something I can say [in Russia], because I agree with a lot of what the foreign ministry has to say and I value the culture and the people."

He also objected to people reading into his motives: "If I express my sincere convictions and that lines up with things Moscow believes, I’m a propagandist.”

Also, the email address used to register the domain is the same one that’s publicly listed as the owner of ClintEhrlich.com, as well as 18 other domains, including SelfControlHelp.com and SelfControlIsHot.com. Ehrlich had previously told BuzzFeed News he owned a supplements company that sold a product called Self Control.

That's from Buzzfeed News which is a completely scummy source itself, but Ehrlich doesn't appear to have denied any of it and it definitely gives the impression everything he says should be taken with several teaspoons of salt.

So basically, I'd say there's no obvious evidence that he himself is an overt propagandist but he's a pro-Russia American living in Moscow who makes a habitat of defending Russia in large-scale online efforts....and owned a really sketchy supplement company.

I wouldn't go to him as a source of information.

edit: He also writes for ZeroHedge (a blatantly pro-Putin propaganda site), did an online interview with "Coach Red Pill" (also pushing a pro-Russia viewpoint), and has appeared on Tucker Carlson's show

edit: The more of his tweets I read the more that look like he is incredibly predisposed to try to support Russian propaganda where possible. At the same time he's mixing it effectively with neutral information and certain kinds of criticisms of Putin.

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY

Mass mobilization of the reserves? Ehhh that's probably to hold Ukraine more than any sign of attacking somewhere else.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Putin needing those Z Putty Reinforcements it seems.

Z_Putty_Patrollers.jpg