Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You aren't lying.

If this was Hugo Chavez the reaction would probably be different.

Maduro isn't built like that.

You can't ever forget that people were breaking into zoos to eat the animals in Venezuela.

Whatever Russian assistance was coming, it clearly wasn't enough to get Venezuela back on it's feet properly.

And however, the guys on this thread posture, those sanctions were unfair as fukk, they just didn't have family or friends from that area who suffered to understand.

Either way, I don't care as long as they can get back on their feet. Let them get their restitution.

My heart wept for those zoo animals :sadbron:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
that long thread is interesting idk, it certainly raises some good points that I haven't considered

:ehh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
the only thing we can confirm is the disorganization of their military

seems like everybody thought it was just a stunt, putin pulled a fast one on them

We can confirm it's disorganized in spots but I honestly don't have good enough information to really know for certain that they entire thing is bad. It's still really difficult to know what is true and what is false. For all we know the eastern/southern fronts are proceeding decently well and the northern front has had hiccups but is regrouping, they just decided to take their time. I realize that's a best-case-for-russia take and unlikely to be fully true but that's the level of uncertainly I have regarding all the completely piecemeal info we're getting and very biased sources.

I dont understand why Zelensky's boys haven't just hit it yet. What are the logistics around that?

One would think they should take the fight to them, take them out while they're demoralized, stranded, cold and hungry rather than let them have time to figure their issues out and get moving again.
I believe they've hit some of hit with drones and such.

They don't have the air forces or control of the air to really destroy it.

If they approached with land forces then they would put themselves within range of Russia by the time they were in range for their own shyt, basically giving russia their only chance to actually do anything to them.

Not that I'm a war expert but if they're really stuck for now I would think best case scenario is you just harass them with drones, keep hitting their supply lines so they can't get unstuck, and let them rot there until they have to abandon stations and surrender.

i seriously doubt that, the radiation can just blow back into their faces

Ukraine is a huge country and high-quality nuclear explosions don't create a ton of radiation. I can easily imagine Putin dropping a tactical nuke and being fine with the fallout.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

rap-pray.gif

:francis: