Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Bohdan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Melbourne Australia
Now the scenario by itself is insanely dumb.

But imagine that he was Commander in Chief of our military for 4 years and doesn't know China doesn't have F-22s.
And that russia could tell them apart from Chinese fighters, and where they came from / returned to etc

trump is a clickbaiters dream, never reads past the headlines (or the whole headline)

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The tight web of lawyers and PR firms who oil the wheels for billionaires

In November 2017, a bank with close links to the Kremlin was revealed to have funded a £140m investment in Twitter.

The share acquisition made by DST Global, founded by the Russian-born billionaire Yuri Milner, was financed by the Kremlin-controlled VTB Bank, now under UK sanctions, leaked documents revealed.

Milner said at the time it was a “fairytale” to suggest the investment bought in May 2011 may have been used to influence social media on Russia’s behalf. He said DST Global was a “passive investor”.

While the Twitter shares are now sold, corporate filings reveal the “care of” address for the DST Global entities holding the shares was a four-storey townhouse in Mayfair, London. This stucco-fronted property is the base of Alistair Tulloch, one of the best-connected lawyers among Russia’s super-rich.

Over the years, those who have tried to unpick the financial paper trails of Russian investments, oligarchs and officials have found it is Tulloch’s name – or the address of his legal firm, Tulloch & Co – that frequently pops up on the paperwork.

Oxford-educated Tulloch is also a trustee of various charities. These include the Mamut Foundation, linked to the Moscow-based billionaire Alexander Mamut.

In 2014, Mamut fired Galina Timchenko, the editor of his Russian news site Lenta.ru, over an interview she published with a far-right Ukrainian nationalist. She was replaced by a pro-Kremlin journalist.

Charity Commission records show the Mamut Foundation made two grants of £100,000 each to Eton College in 2016 and 2017 in support of its library. Eton College said last week it had received no further funds from the charity. It did not comment on whether it had established Alexander Mamut was behind the charity.

Tulloch said: “We fully comply with UK regulations. And obviously, in today’s world, we are incredibly sensitive to people from Russia, and we make sure that everybody is properly assessed.”

Everyone getting touched

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kherson diary: ‘The Russians fire a warning shot. But people are not afraid’

:picard: explain to me how Russia can stabilise this...

Friday 4 March
They seize the TV centre and put trip wires around. Now we have Russian broadcasting – Ukrainian broadcasting is available only on cable TV.

Everyone is invited to a concert and distribution of products from the Russian humanitarian convoy. Residents ignored it en masse. They had to use their former prisoners from Crimea to make a show.

People with Ukrainian flags come to the square and explain to the Russians that no one will take their products. The humanitarian convoy is told to “go fukk yourself”. A rally on Freedom Square is announced for the next day. Lots of people say they will go.

Saturday 5 March
In the morning, people start going to Freedom Square. Russian machine-gunners stand on the perimeter. Then people see soldiers dragging a detained man on the ground. Protesters jump over a road barrier and recapture the detainee.

The gunners in front of the state administration building fire a warning shot. But people are not afraid, there are crowds of protesters of all ages. They have come with posters that say “Kherson is Ukraine”, they shout “Putin motherfukker”, “Russian ship, go fukk yourself”.

But among the crowd, men in dark clothes are wandering, with hoods, hiding their faces, recording those who are at the rally. One even hisses “Nazi pigs”.

A friend of ours, a doctor, spends the night at work. Kherson women give birth even in bomb shelters: last night, two babies were born.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I dont understand why Zelensky's boys haven't just hit it yet. What are the logistics around that?

One would think they should take the fight to them, take them out while they're demoralized, stranded, cold and hungry rather than let them have time to figure their issues out and get moving again.

From what I've read, they're absolutely stuck for minimum a month. Food and water for only 3 days, a good chunk of them might already be dead or dying with nowhere to really go.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
i find all this nazi talk from putin and his fan boys at home and in the west so hilarious. they're all a bunch of nazis themselves, the lady doth protest too much. oh we're invading the country with a jewish president because they have nazis. ok i'm sure they do. show me any country with a significant number of white people and i'll show you some nazis.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We know that Russians have been sabotaging their own vehicles. Why can't this be another act of the same?

I'm not saying it's propaganda. But we're speculating what happened based on amateur video.

...you realise there are a bunch of dead bodies in that video right? So they sabotaged their vehicles and then commited mass suicide? :russ: