Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Reading up on Stalin again. I hope we never see anyone try to go through the lengths he did to gain and hold power again.

Between he and Mao, I don’t know who valued human life less.:wow:
Mao killed a lot more didn't he?

I think they weren't too dissimilar. Mao had a much larger population to work with. If you do the exact same thing in a bigger country you'll just happen to end up with more dead.

You wanna talk about devaluing human life I think Pol Pot takes the cake. He killed off 1/4 of his country's entire population and did it in just 3 years in power. And the degree of horror of the shyt he did was unprecedented, he didn't give a fukk how many died. Stalin sent people to the gulag, Pol Pot ran his entire fukking country like one big gulag.

King Leopold also deserves mention here.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now the scenario by itself is insanely dumb.

But imagine that he was Commander in Chief of our military for 4 years and doesn't know China doesn't have F-22s.
His comment hinged on the fact they're stealth

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
His comment hinged on the fact they're stealth

Don't even need radar, if he thinks no one could see the plane then what the fukk difference would it make to put a "chinese flag" on it? You can literally look at an F-22 and see that it's not a J-20.

main-qimg-5c689f434f9df56d37191904f6aecfdf-lq

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think they weren't too dissimilar. Mao had a much larger population to work with. If you do the exact same thing in a bigger country you'll just happen to end up with more dead.

You wanna talk about devaluing human life I think Pol Pot takes the cake. He killed off 1/4 of his country's entire population and did it in just 3 years in power. And the degree of horror of the shyt he did was unprecedented, he didn't give a fukk how many died. Stalin sent people to the gulag, Pol Pot ran his entire fukking country like one big gulag.

King Leopold also deserves mention here.

Don't forget the Holodomor was pretty horrific and it was intentional... I was actually reading tonight Stalin did the same thing in Kazakstan

A lot of really terrible genocides/ethnic cleansing were committed in the SSRs in the early days as well Baku and etc that get glossed over

The ethnic cleansing that Stalin committed is even the basis for Putin's "we have to protect the Russians" in Ukraine and former Soviet States...

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo dawg if that shyt is fukking true it explains everything. :picard:

Could be a Ukrainian disinformation operation tho because it looks so fukking bad for Russia. :francis:

the only thing we can confirm is the disorganization of their military

seems like everybody thought it was just a stunt, putin pulled a fast one on them

Daps
They did. There is a twitter thread about it. Basically they had 3 days worth of fuel and food. Now they're stuck with no logistical way to get unstuck. They can't refuel the trucks. Basically a sitting POW camp.

I dont understand why Zelensky's boys haven't just hit it yet. What are the logistics around that?

One would think they should take the fight to them, take them out while they're demoralized, stranded, cold and hungry rather than let them have time to figure their issues out and get moving again.