Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If Russia continues to bomb cities and Russia clearly go bankrupt. I see a possible disaster happening in Russia to the point he murdering his own citizens once they riot

There's gotta be some sort of way for Russia to get rid of Putin :snoop: otherwise it seems like this will just get worse and worse

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I've heard there is historical precedent but maybe someone more read in could chime in @FAH1223 @mastermind other fellow travelers care to chime in?

Would Russia really murder their own citizens?
Not sure if you are trolling, but its alleged the Apartment Bombing was a Putin operation.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Russia went from Facebook and Twitter trolls to nuking them from the internet :wow:

:ohhh:no more "DebrahFromOhioUSA" posting on twitter on some "I not fooled by Fake News media propaganda", with the AI-generated face looking like:

7w5iNqc.jpg

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What i dont understand is that i've always heard American drilling companies cant make a profit when oil goes under a certain amount, but now that its high as hell and only going up wont some of the domestic supply offset whatever we lose from Russia?? Or even at a higher price we still cant extract enough to make much of a difference globally??

hopefully a 6 energy cert coli breh can come drop some knowledge:mjgrin::mjgrin::mjgrin:

Its a timing thing, a lot of shale companies cut down on expenditure because of the last few boom and bust cycles they've faced. Would take at least a year to get production at levels high enough to displace Russian exports (along side increased production from OPEC countries, who so far have said they're sticking to supply cut agreement they've struck with Russia)

Another wild card is potential re-introduction of Iranian oil and gas in global market following a new nuclear deal. But that is also not guaranteed.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think the nuclear bombing broke a lot of Ukrainian’s spirits. That shyt is a horrific way to die and Russia bombing that plant is definitely a war crime. That’s why I think people are fleeing.

Russia is dead of the global market and the people who stay are going to give them a hell of a repair bill before they go out.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What i dont understand is that i've always heard American drilling companies cant make a profit when oil goes under a certain amount, but now that its high as hell and only going up wont some of the domestic supply offset whatever we lose from Russia?? Or even at a higher price we still cant extract enough to make much of a difference globally??

hopefully a 6 energy cert coli breh can come drop some knowledge:mjgrin::mjgrin::mjgrin:

Not how it works breh.

The problem is that everything you (and most people for that matter) know/understand about oil is a combination of half truths, propaganda and wishful thinking. Yes, countries might import more oil from one country or another...for instance most of our oil comes from canada for obvious reasons (distance/good trade relations etc) but the price for crude oil is determined by the world market. No different than gold.

The propoganda/wishful thinking was the idea that if we encourage greater oil production here in the US that prices would collapse . The inference being that all of this crude oil would flood the world market and drive the price down. But remember, bc it's a world market if supply gets too high then it's easy for countries like saudi arabia, russia etc to limit their own production to keep prices high.

Even more importantly is that a lot of the new production that has come online the last 10 yrs or so has been due to fracking. The fracking industry used propoganda/wishful thinking (let us drill and we'll lower gas prices) to convince ppl to let them operate, but now that prices have started to rise they are in no hurry to increase production (which would lead to lower prices/profits). Most of the companies in that space were almost wiped out when oil prices plummeted. Many companies went out of business and the rest were gobbled up by whoever survived. They are not in the business of working to give us cheaper prices. Now that they're on top they will now start directing these outsize profits to their shareholders.