Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
Yea Inhad to ignore nap again.

fakkit always posts random tweets...

IT WAS TIME :wow:

You talking about the tweets about the random lefties who no one knows?

Dude be cussing and fussing about leftists and their position on the war and I'm sitting here like :dwillhuh: dude you fussing about ppl that nobody even knows to begin with

th_412

I fux deez hoes
Daps
Reppin
Yo bytch bedroom / PITTSBURGH
Its a timing thing, a lot of shale companies cut down on expenditure because of the last few boom and bust cycles they've faced. Would take at least a year to get production at levels high enough to displace Russian exports (along side increased production from OPEC countries, who so far have said they're sticking to supply cut agreement they've struck with Russia)

Another wild card is potential re-introduction of Iranian oil and gas in global market following a new nuclear deal. But that is also not guaranteed.

Appreciate it breh that makes alot of sense

Not how it works breh.

The problem is that everything you (and most people for that matter) know/understand about oil is a combination of half truths, propaganda and wishful thinking. Yes, countries might import more oil from one country or another...for instance most of our oil comes from canada for obvious reasons (distance/good trade relations etc) but the price for crude oil is determined by the world market. No different than gold.

The propoganda/wishful thinking was the idea that if we encourage greater oil production here in the US that prices would collapse . The inference being that all of this crude oil would flood the world market and drive the price down. But remember, bc it's a world market if supply gets too high then it's easy for countries like saudi arabia, russia etc to limit their own production to keep prices high.

Even more importantly is that a lot of the new production that has come online the last 10 yrs or so has been due to fracking. The fracking industry used propoganda/wishful thinking (let us drill and we'll lower gas prices) to convince ppl to let them operate, but now that prices have started to rise they are in no hurry to increase production (which would lead to lower prices/profits). Most of the companies in that space were almost wiped out when oil prices plummeted. Many companies went out of business and the rest were gobbled up by whoever survived. They are not in the business of working to give us cheaper prices. Now that they're on top they will now start directing these outsize profits to their shareholders.

See that shyt makes sense too....but to your point about supply, even if the price of oil is steady at 150-200 a barrel like that article suggested, you still dont believe that over time domestic production could/would ramp up to the extent we could get the price down to at least closer to 100? Or is the control that those big companies you mentioned have and the risk the Saudis and OPEC can kill their profits again as well as the push toward electric vehicles enough to make that unrealistic?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I ignored him and a couple others and i still hear these goddamn reddit videos autoplaying on the page. i have to mute my laptop every time i go to this thread :francis:

that's a coli issue unfortunately but I think you can fix it, I don't think mine autoplay

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Yea Inhad to ignore nap again.

fakkit always posts random tweets...

IT WAS TIME :wow:
Naps stuff about the religious angle is very interesting. That and Bannon's role in this whole fiasco. Remember, he and Paul Manafort were a big part of the ascendancy of Yanukovich. His being thrown out of office was instrumental in what is going on today.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Naps stuff about the religious angle is very interesting. That and Bannon's role in this whole fiasco. Remember, he and Paul Manafort were a big part of the ascendancy of Yanukovich. His being thrown out of office was instrumental in what is going on today.

Agreed but he has his own thread for it and yet is still posting the same things in this thread and TLR thread