Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand the long term gains. Russia broke and Ukraine will be broke. This shyt stupid as hell.
It doesnt make sense economically because that war is ideological. We can find some justifications like them wanting to take over some of Ukraine's wheat production or the Donbass mines but otherwise, there is no real footing to that war, it's beyond reason to me.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
This is also why people anticipating/clamoring for ww3 are way off base.

The world ain’t doing that again. The world powers are too powerful, and everyone else is too unified.

To be fair, that's pretty much what everyone thought before WW1.

Two enormous blocs like the Triple Alliance and the Triple Entente could never be stupid enough to go to war... and then they did and it was as bad as everyone thought it would be.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
To be fair, that's pretty much what everyone thought before WW1.

Two enormous blocs like the Triple Alliance and the Triple Entente could never be stupid enough to go to war... and then they did and it was as bad as everyone thought it would be.
Times are different.

Back then, economies weren’t so intertwined.

The world was able to watch and kinda wait until they were forced in.

Now countries are too intertwined/unified. It’s why we’ve seen Russia canceled on the world stage as quick as they have been.

You literally can’t be a world bully in 2022 unless you are America :manny:

And really I don’t think the world would allow America to do another Afghanistan at this point. Those times are over imo.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If true that's a massive L for Europe and USA
I'd take that L in this case. Hard reasoning with someone that clearly isn't reasonable anymore. Tried to treat him as a political equal through multiple presidencies since he's been in office. Crossed a red line and this time we finally acted on it. It's something we really should've done post-Crimea and definitely at some point for the 2016 election. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

He'll do the same undermining to China when they inevitably make him squirm and try to assert power over his "territory".

Last edited:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Times are different.

Back then, economies weren’t so intertwined.

The world was able to watch and kinda wait until they were forced in.

Now countries are too intertwined/unified. It’s why we’ve seen Russia canceled on the world stage as quick as they have been.

You literally can’t be a world bully in 2022 unless you are America :manny:

And really I don’t think the world would allow America to do another Afghanistan at this point. Those times are over imo.

Thinking it can't happen is how it does happen. Especially with our species. A healthy and rational level of fear and caution is still good to have.