Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Couple random questions I've thought about, maybe my coli brehs can answer

1. Where does Zelenskky stay during all this? Like is he close to combat? In an underground bunker for most of the day and night?

That's not public information breh. :heh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Why the chamber lookin half empty like a Clippers noon game?

Are you talking about the SOTU address? Republicans didn't want to show up in protest of having to get Covid tested. Apparently they're boycotting for the right to go to work sick and infect your coworkers with a communicable disease.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
But weren't the Romanovs dictators? And they got murdered, every single one of them.

The people of Russia could have gotten Putin out the paint if they really wanted to. They were just too feckless and spineless to do so.

Just because someone is a dictator doesn't mean they are all powerful. Folks speak about Putin like he's god. Its sickening.

Dictators have been killed throughout history. The Arab spring of 10 years ago showed that when the people rise up, they can overthrow dictators.
The Russian Revolution was 50+ years in the making and needed World War I, mass violence, an inept ruler, a failed war against Japan, two revolution attempts(1905/1917), and the promise of a never before implemented political/economic system to work.

I can see why its out of the realm of most, including myself, to think that the Russian people will just rise up.

EDIT: And the resistance movement then had a batshyt frontman like Lenin who wasn’t afraid to kill everyone in his way including “allies” in his struggle.

Last edited:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
The Russian Revolution was 50+ years in the making and needed World War I, mass violence, an inept ruler, a failed war against Japan, two revolution attempts(1905/1917), and the promise of a never before implemented political/economic system to work.

I can see why its out of the realm of most, including myself, to think that the Russian people will just rise up.

EDIT: And the resistance movement then had a batshyt frontman like Lenin who wasn’t afraid to kill everyone in his way including “allies” in his struggle.

Trotsky led the revolution. Lenin was just a writer and an orator. Trotsky did the actual military planning concerning defeating the Kornilov tsarist mutiny, the capture of Petrograd and subsequent installment of the Bolshevik government, and then he was also the supreme commander in the victory over the global coalition in the civil war.

That's something people forget, the Bolsheviks had to put down a military uprising against the democratic Provisional Government - this is what gave them the street cred they needed to pull off the October Revolution - and then they had to fight a war against basically the whole world to save the revolution immediately afterward.

There won't be any global pressure applied to a revolutionary government that overthrows Putin, but there will likely be some sort of civil war against factions loyal to him