Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'll believe it when I see it. To have shipping companies stop shipping to Russia would be fukking insane.

I'm thinking insurance and payment issues more than anything with the currency in free fall

I haven't seen how broad the sanctions are but I'm sure they have, needless to say it isn't altruism

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Looking back did Putin have a legitimate concern or grievance with NATO and Ukraine being a NATO partner?

If the same happened to the USA wouldn't the USA have a problem with It?

First off, Ukraine isn't a NATO partner nor has NATO ever said they will make Ukraine a NATO partner.

Second, the NATO shyt is a bullshyt excuse as Putin has said repeatedly that he doesn't think of Ukraine as a real country and believes it belongs to Russia. He wants to control Ukraine regardless of whether it is in NATO or not.

And third, they might "have a problem with it" but that doesn't mean they can invade the country and kill a bunch of people. Some of us are hoping to de-normalize that sort of shyt.

Daps
Try to stop a dictator or Siberia for you and your family. Not many folks are taking that challenge

That has to come from Putin's inner circle

But weren't the Romanovs dictators? And they got murdered, every single one of them.

The people of Russia could have gotten Putin out the paint if they really wanted to. They were just too feckless and spineless to do so.

Just because someone is a dictator doesn't mean they are all powerful. Folks speak about Putin like he's god. Its sickening.

Dictators have been killed throughout history. The Arab spring of 10 years ago showed that when the people rise up, they can overthrow dictators.