Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Nah Russians still don't know what hit them. No Apple, no VISA/Mastercard, no flights to europe or US, no withdrawals over $20, no wire transfers, 20% interest rates, 18.6% mortgage rates on new and under construction, exporters must sell their fx revenue for rubles. By Friday we should see a ton of this

Last edited:

Zime

Superstar
Daps
Coz negged coz I said I’m not gonna put the cape on for Ukraine
:mjlol:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Nah Russians still don't know what hit them. No Apple, no flights to europe or US, no withdrawals over $20, no wire transfers, 20% interest rates, 18.6% mortgage rates on new and under construction, exporters must sell their fx revenue for rubles. By Friday we should see a ton of this
I just read that Boeing is ceasing maintenance on Russian planes :mjlol:, Putin might catch one to the head from his own people before the week is out.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly, well put!

I dont think people understand the ripple effect of using SWIFT as an economical war tool will come back to haunt them. Also, them going after foreign bank reserves. I can understand them going after Russia in the SWIFT system but going after foreign currency reserves horrible idea.

The single most important thing in any currency used as a medium of exchange is "trust" without that nothing works.

I will go so far as to say nothing in finance works without that key ingredient.

A handshake and a smile of trust us your money are safe in our dollars will not fly anymore at all. Yuan reserves will jump tremendously in the next 3 years to 5 years and financial institutions leaving SWIFT will be in a large exodus.
Not the first time bank reserves are used as a weapon.

They are frozen not taken though. Play nice and get your money back.

Countries in the West will continue to participate and use the dollar.

The problem becomes, the countries who use the Yuan will have the same issue if they piss off China. Either way they are still beholden to someone.

If the buy the Yuan as the reserve in Western banks they can still get their assets frozen.

Catch 22

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not the first time bank reserves are used as a weapon.

They are frozen not taken though. Play nice and get your money back.

Countries in the West will continue to participate and use the dollar.

The problem becomes, the countries who use the Yuan will have the same issue if they piss off China. Either way they are still beholden to someone.

If the buy the Yuan as the reserve in Western banks they can still get their assets frozen.

Catch 22
Think China might see this as the chance to take power from the dollar global supremacy. Getting Russia on board would domino effect several other Chinese Allie’s and friends, or at least have them begin to use both the yuan and the dollar.