Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
IMO, it’s only a matter of time before we start hearing about major fallouts and separations within Russia :patrice:

Ain’t no way in hell modern Russians trying to live through these economic sanctions or corporate fallouts. Putin has royally fukked himself to the point where taking Ukraine (temporarily) won’t even matter in the grand scheme. Russia will essentially always be at war in Ukraine from this point forward.

Trump (and company) has to be sitting back somewhere like :mindblown: at how’s this shyt might come crashing down.

hopefully sooner than later, Putin isn't going to stop with Ukraine

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So Putin is about to lay a massive siege cutting off supplies, food, and water. However, the West has sanctioned the shyt out of Russia. So both Russia and Ukraine are about to be in similar boats. Question is, which group of people will fold first and demand their to change course?

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
On a conference call with a very large global bank and their strategy chair, related to global impacts as a result.

*I am not an investment advisor and this is hearsay and conjecture.

Couple bullet points
  • Ukraine is not gonna win this thing unless NATO oversteps and defends Ukraine. It's a matter of time, even with Russia's major casualties
  • The rest of Europe has gone very green and as such as depended on Russian oil (it's equal at this point) so Germany and France and Italy are really vulnerable to oil impacts
  • The US has been exporting natural gas to Europe, to make up for Russia's production reducing in 2021/2022. USA, Qatar, Russia, and Nigeria are top sources.
  • European energy consumption is oil reliant because of its use (industrial, transport). Residential and commercial has gone natural gas and renewable. But industry and transport drives heavy carbon footprint energy.
  • Russian might divert a million barrels per day to China to make up for lost buyers/demand
  • $100-125 a Barrel is going to happen, and for a while. $125 is probably not enough to cause global recess but be cautious with $150.
I'll pause here because now it's a general economic update and will add if more applies to the topic at hand

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
So Putin is about to lay a massive siege cutting off supplies, food, and water. However, the West has sanctioned the shyt out of Russia. So both Russia and Ukraine are about to be in similar boats. Question is, which group of people will fold first and demand their to change course?

I don't see the Russians folding even with the sanctions. They're going to pivot to the Chinese CIPS system and link their own internal SPFS system with India, Pakistan and across Eurasia. You'll see them try to make up with other maneuvers to bypass SWIFT, such as barter trade which Iran uses. The Chinese yuan becomes more internationalized.

Probably will have a lot of the GLobal South join this system while still being in SWIFT.

The bypassing of the dollar is going to be super-charged now. More acceleration of what they been doing.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
On a conference call with a very large global bank and their strategy chair, related to global impacts as a result.

*I am not an investment advisor and this is hearsay and conjecture.

Couple bullet points
  • Ukraine is not gonna win this thing unless NATO oversteps and defends Ukraine. It's a matter of time, even with Russia's major casualties
  • The rest of Europe has gone very green and as such as depended on Russian oil (it's equal at this point) so Germany and France and Italy are really vulnerable to oil impacts
  • The US has been exporting natural gas to Europe, to make up for Russia's production reducing in 2021/2022. USA, Qatar, Russia, and Nigeria are top sources.
  • European energy consumption is oil reliant because of its use (industrial, transport). Residential and commercial has gone natural gas and renewable. But industry and transport drives heavy carbon footprint energy.
  • Russian might divert a million barrels per day to China to make up for lost buyers/demand
  • $100-125 a Barrel is going to happen, and for a while. $125 is probably not enough to cause global recess but be cautious with $150.
I'll pause here because now it's a general economic update and will add if more applies to the topic at hand
"Will this make the Fed pause rate hikes"

"No. I don't think so."

EDIT - He did mention that unless it becomes a shooting war between NATO and Russia.
  • 7 rate hikes projected in next 12 months, each 25bps
    • Pay your revolving debt off brehs. I cannot reiterate this enough
  • Inflation: typically there is a direct correlation between goods inflation, and services inflation...it is shockingly divided now (the chart has goods inflation at 12%, services at a paltry 3.5%). [Personally I find this really intruging...and I think is more fixable because of it...]
Still away from the Ukraine topic so I'll again pause. Really interesting stuff though.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This is what I am hoping for. Nobody should want to engage with Russia, over the fukking Ukraine. It’s tragic what is happening but WW3 is we are all dead. The world is doing its best by already fukking Russia over.

Now there is a legit chance Putin is forced to step down because he as an individual is seen as the root cause of this issue. If Putin is smart (and spiteful). He’ll let China negotiate the ceasefire and give himself a way to maintain power since they would be one of the few nations that would be ok with him still in charge of Russia. He’s been a useful idiot for them before…. The problem is Putin hasn’t been smart in a long time. So he might go to far and do something that could spark WW3.
Ain’t no maintaining power.

Coming home from war should be a celebratory event(no matter how dubious the cause) imagine coming home to a worse situation than before you went?

Putin is either going to have to start another war as a strategic move to break the willpower of the west or quit and have his “win” used as a means to string him up as a human rights criminal cause Europe ain’t letting Russia back in without Putin’s head.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
1. not attacked by iraq; we just lied our way in
2. in afghanistan, taliban offered bin laden in exchange for evidence of his guilt and a stop to the bombing and we didnt take it.

:yeshrug:

:mjtf:

• Dap
Reactions: NZA