Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
X9pZ5TN.png
is involved in this somehow.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
I think most people saying it are coming from a good place. They want to save the Ukrainians and end the battles. They don't really think of the fairly obvious consequences of those actions though.

So here's the dilemma

We aren't going to do anything to help because it's Russia

So we can't do anything to Russia since they have nukes

So Russia is allowed to do as they want essentially...

When China pulls this with Taiwan, we can't do anything about that either since they have nukes as well

The "we can't help a country that is being attacked by a superpower" arguement is bullshyt... We can, but we're scared because of the obvious dilemma with Putin... if it looks like he's gonna lose then he launches the nukes...

So what happens when he expands past Ukraine? Argument is still there that we can't attack... if we do, then we are saying we just didn't give a fukk about Ukraine

I don't want WW3... but it's coming... if nobody stands up, then Putin sees he's free to do as he wants

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not ending the world cause of another bout of cac on cac European violence. Any advocacy for conflict with Russia is pure insanity. Economic war has already been declared and Russia going back to the Middle Ages, now we wait and start to offer deals to end the war and sanctions

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Hey there,

Some important changes are coming to Discord: we’re updating our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Community Guidelines.

These changes will take effect on March 28, 2022. We’re letting you know ahead of time so you can learn what’s changing.

Here are the main things to know:

• How we use your information
    We’ve updated our Privacy Policy to provide better clarity on what information we collect and how we use and share it.
  • How we describe our services
    As Discord has evolved, it has become clear that not all communities on Discord are the same. We want users to understand the difference between posting in public and private spaces on Discord and to choose the appropriate space, features, and settings for them and their messages.
  • New and clearer rules for prohibited content
    Our Community Guidelines now officially prohibit misinformation and disinformation, malicious impersonation, and better define spam and platform manipulation.
We encourage you to read the updated documents in full. We’ve also summarized some of the most important changes in a post on the Discord Blog.

These policies will be in effect on March 28, 2022. Using Discord on or after that date means you agree to these changes.

Thanks for helping us build a place where everyone can belong.

Discord

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Called it on Day 1...

Cliffnotes please. I got through a minute and a half of this dude talkin, and i couldn't deal with any more aahh's and mmm's and uhhh's :sadcam:

:gucci:

Absolutely no one from the US or NATO is going offensive unless this battle steps outside of Ukraine.

:usure:

If Russia's really droppin thermobaric missiles/bombs in populated areas of Ukraine.. do you really think the UN and/or NATO is just gonna stand by and let Putin mutilate innocent people like that? I'd put it at close to 0% :francis:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If Russia's really droppin thermobaric missiles/bombs in populated areas of Ukraine.. do you really think the UN and/or NATO is just gonna stand by and let Putin mutilate innocent people like that? I'd put it at close to 0% :francis:
At this point, yes.

If Putin is dropping thermobaric bombs on his own people, as he claims Ukrainians are Russians, then he's probably losing.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I’m not ending the world cause of another bout of cac on cac European violence. Any advocacy for conflict with Russia is pure insanity. Economic war has already been declared and Russia going back to the Middle Ages, now we wait and start to offer deals to end the war and sanctions

You aint wrong.. but if it were only that simple. :francis:

Superstar
Daps
IF that is what was dropped, I don’t see how that isn’t the catalyst to NATO getting involved….

God I really hope that isn’t what that was….

Thermobaric weapons are commonly used. Our hellfire missiles have thermobaric warheads. I think Putins a bytch and there should be outside involvement but, if no one has intervened for an already unnecessary land grab they probably won’t.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Agree to disagree then.

You think Putin would stop at that? Cause I dont.
Yes, because his intention isn't to leave Ukraine a smoldering mess. He could've done that day one. He hasn't sent in one strategic bomber yet and might not at all. When you see/hear this shyt, then I'll know he's gone off the rails.

As for NATO, they are defensive not offensive at least over Europe. Unless attacked, there are no plans to go into Ukraine.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I disagree with nukes as being the most powerful geopolitical tool. Nukes haven't been used since 1945. They are a deterrent. Nothing more. No one even wants to use them because they are assured mutual destruction.

Unless you're telling me that you feel that Pakistan is a superpower. They have nuclear weapons too.

North Korea has nukes. Are they a superpower?

Then someone will probably tell me that the difference between them and russia is that Russia has logistical capabilities with their nuclear weapons.

So once North Korea improves their nuclear logistics, just like that, they're a superpower?

Really?
No. Having nuclear weapons would make one a nuclear power, but then again, even being able to build them essentially makes that country a superpower.

By definition, a superpower is a country that is able to assert their influence or power on a global scale. Nukes are very much so capable of that depending on their quality, as well as the military capabilities of the country that has them, which is why North Korea isn't regarded as a superpower (you're correct in your statement there.)

Sans nukes, the only superpowers are China and the US. As you can see this argument is kinda weird:pachaha:.