Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
An underappreciated benefit of the Russian sanctions: The Russian troll farms have been knocked off of social media.

No more BetsyJo458340580349589430 on Twitter professing she "much has love for Trump" from her supposed home in Indiana.

:whew:

On top of the GOP got their money source cut off, and it will look glorious.

Does those troll farms include TLR? :jbhmm:

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So now it's an invasion against the EU

:shaq:
it's an application. they've been in the process of instituting the necessary reforms to join the EU for the past 8 years. the corruption there doesn't allow them in. Good on Zelensky for using this moment and telling the Euros to put up or shut up. Have this sinking feeling Ukrainians and Z are going to be left out to dry despite the feeling the media wants to portray of a feelgood united front and a floundering Russia

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
You need to retake your history course. USA spent most of the 1800s trying to scheme various ways to acquire Cuba, they finally gained possession of the island from Spain as a "U.S. Protectorate" in 1898, gave it formal independence in 1902 but in reality ran it as a puppet state for the next 60 years until Castro's communist revolution wrestled it away form U.S. control. They were so desperate to get it back they launched a failed coup that ended up being one of America's more publicly embarrassing blunders (Bay of Pigs) and tried to assassinate Castro dozens of times.

And Taiwan is its own island with its own history long before the Republic of China people fled there. How does Republic of China people fleeing to the island mean it belongs to the CCP? You do realize that the Republic of China and the CCP are two completely different governments, right? The CCP has never controlled Taiwan at any point in history.
Are you stupid? I never said they are the same governments. They are both the same people / origin. Both are Han Chinese. I only pointed that bc they both got a China in their name.

And US had no historical claim to Cuba.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
it's an application. they've been in the process of instituting the necessary reforms to join the EU for the past 8 years. the corruption there doesn't allow them in. Good on Zelensky for using this moment and telling the Euros to put up or shut up. Have this sinking feeling Ukrainians and Z are going to be left out to dry despite the feeling the media wants to portray of a feelgood united front and a floundering Russia
with this convoy... I have a very bad feeling that Putin is going to level Kyiv...

He wants Zelinskyy dead, he wants Klitchko's dead, he's pissed off about the sanctions, he's allowing his anger to control him

If somehow they survive this next attack... he's just going to launch the bigger rockets and possibly the big boy on Kyiv

There is no happy ending for Zelinskyy and Ukraine... their deaths will cause action which is a damn shame because it shouldn't take death to protect life

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
To clear up the clutter in here, since some are having trouble with all of the twitter embeds, if a twitter post is 6 hours old, it more than likely has already been posted somewhere in this thread. No point in having the same information linked 4 times...
I think it could also be good practice to spoiler embeds if there are more than 1 in a post.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
with this convoy... I have a very bad feeling that Putin is going to level Kyiv...

He wants Zelinskyy dead, he wants Klitchko's dead, he's pissed off about the sanctions, he's allowing his anger to control him

If somehow they survive this next attack... he's just going to launch the bigger rockets and possibly the big boy on Kyiv

There is no happy ending for Zelinskyy and Ukraine... their deaths will cause action which is a damn shame because it shouldn't take death to protect life

I think right now US and NATO is calling bluff on Putin right now. I think if he does do this it's a official a rap for him. I can see the Oligarchs finally doing something.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I really hate when people say "Russian people should throw Putin out of office, its not that hard to speak up and do something" like its something easy to do. Yeah, let's throw the nearly omnipotent nuclear-armed KGB-trained dictator with full control of the military and state apparatus out tomorrow. Yeah, real fukking easy. :childplease: