Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
With the current amount of good news for Ukraine, I really hope we are not getting set up for a huge disappointment.
What would be the disappointment? That Ukraine falls to a Russian invasion? That's inevitable. I think they've done way more than anyone expected at this point.

This disappointment would be Putin continuing his belligerence despite being cut off from a large majority of the global economy.

Daps
Probably not the thread for it but at some point we should discuss how Japan has been weaning off their self-defense restrictive measures. They are gonna be bout that action sooner than later as well. :jbhmm:

The response to aggressors with large sticks will again, for these nations, be to have a larger stick with which to defend oneself. Plough money back into any defence / defence adjacent stocks. No going back now.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
And stuff changes so fast with the amount of news we get daily. First day, everybody thought Ukrainians would get dragged and now everybody thinks Russia is about to get a Vietnam/Afghanistan scenario. I'm not feeling this at all.
I still think that's what'll end up happening. Cautiously optimistic.

I think history has shown so many times that it's so difficult to defeat and occupy a group of people in their home turf. People just fight with a different intensity when they're fighting in their own backyard. Assuming Russia could even successfully complete their first task at hand and hold ground in Ukraine, counterinsurgency is incredibly hard, and I don't think Russia has the tools to do it.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that’s going right over their heads in here. They think they look smart but they look incredibly basic and anti intellectual which is in lock step with traditional American values lmao. American education isn’t about learning it’s about reading and reciting the lines you were given properly.

I remember when she used to shop at my Whole Foods years ago. Tall ass lady.

Anyway, that would certainly make sense to do from their vantage point.

You used to see Christine Lagarde :dwillhuh: she’s lowkey one of the most powerful people in the world.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
You used to see Christine Lagarde :dwillhuh: she’s lowkey one of the most powerful people in the world.

Yeah, back when she was at the IMF. I worked at the Foggy Bottom Whole Foods almost 10 years ago which is close to the State Dept, World Bank, IMF, etc. She’d usually be around in the afternoon, not much security. When Senator Reid pulled up that’s when you’d see SS around. The lobbyists that used to come in there were dressed like they had Swiss bank accounts n shyt.

She wasn’t mean but you could tell she on moves and got serious shyt goin she was super quick with her shyt.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Agh.....okay. I'm guessing that's why so many Trumpers are Putin fans? Because Trump stand for white conservatism and isn't PC, etc? They see Putin and Trump as being similar authoritarian figures?

They love the idea of Russia being "strong white men" ... they feel the white man in America has been "forgotten."

There's a couple things at play. They are racist and they get no p*ssy. That's a bad combo.