Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I hope they will and I hope Europe reinforces itself as military coalition to stay off the US umbrella. Macron and Merkel have been pushing for a stronger EU military-wise and if so, we need both France and Germany to be nuclear powers.

Now, would Germany building nukes contradict its current anti-nuclear power stance ? In light of the current developments and its Russia dependence on energy, they might reconsider.

ehhhh

don't think a stronger europe would be good for africa

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
the way I see it...the way putin ended the chechen war was to promise a lot of people fighting the war on chechen side immunity. he then made kadyrov one of his right hand men and kadyrov assumed total power over chechnya. so kadyrov used to fight against russia and basically sold out.

a lot of regular chechens hate russians and vice versa. but most chechens respect kadyrov. plus hes the only source of power in chechnya.

putin is sowing the results of this by being able to send a bunch of chechens instead of cac russians, if they die there wont be as big public outcry in russia because many dont like chechens :francis: :snoop:

There's more to it as well. The Chechens are feared in that part of the world. They have had a mythical reputation as brutal soldiers since Leo Tolstoy wrote a novel about them way back when. So using them is an effort to intimidate and demoralise Ukranian civilian resistance

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I don't think he takes his cues from foreign leaders at all. He has shown no interest in expanding India's borders, only holding onto the current ones. He is more like a Bolsonaro or Viktor Orban type of fascist than a Putin or Xi type, his primary concern is setting up the country with a structure that he likes and not imperialism or expansion

For the most part I think this is true but Kashmir leaves me curious about him and the BJP. Doing what they did a few years ago to it’s special status certainly felt “conquesty”. Although yeah, I agree that he’s much more Bolsanaro (which is still terrible) than he is Putin.

the way I see it...the way putin ended the chechen war was to promise a lot of people fighting the war on chechen side immunity. he then made kadyrov one of his right hand men and kadyrov assumed total power over chechnya. so kadyrov used to fight against russia and basically sold out.

a lot of regular chechens hate russians and vice versa. but most chechens respect kadyrov. plus hes the only source of power in chechnya.

putin is sowing the results of this by being able to send a bunch of chechens instead of cac russians, if they die there wont be as big public outcry in russia because many dont like chechens :francis: :snoop:

Now that’s some shyt to keep in mind when all this ends. If Putin’s mandate is far too damaged then what’s stopping the Chechens from deciding they’ll turn on him for using them as cannon fodder?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
There's more to it as well. The Chechens are feared in that part of the world. They have had a mythical reputation as brutal soldiers since Leo Tolstoy wrote a novel about them way back when. So using them is an effort to intimidate and demoralise Ukranian civilian resistance

I don’t wanna be incorrect here, but given the region they hail from I’m almost certain that the Chechens are a part of that old Cossack culture running across the Russian steppe.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I don't think he takes his cues from foreign leaders at all. He has shown no interest in expanding India's borders, only holding onto the current ones. He is more like a Bolsonaro or Viktor Orban type of fascist than a Putin or Xi type, his primary concern is setting up the country with a structure that he likes and not imperialism or expansion
That Kashmir situation though

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
For the most part I think this is true but Kashmir leaves me curious about him and the BJP. Although yeah, I agree that he’s much more Bolsanaro (which is still terrible) than he is Putin.

Now that’s some shyt to keep in mind when all this ends. If Putin’s mandate is far too damaged then what’s stopping the Chechens from deciding they’ll turn on him for using them as cannon fodder?

Kashmir belongs to India, it's not some third party country or foreign state, it has been part of the union ever since the constitution was first written in 1948 six months after independence. It's the Chinese and Pakistanis who have imperialistic designs there. They wish to seize Kashmir so as to dominate the glaciers and the river sources which feed India's farms and agricultural sector. Then they wish to use that control over the water flow to dictate terms over India. To conquer and rule India by taking only 1 out of its 26 states.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Kashmir belongs to India, it's not some third party country or foreign state, it has been part of the union ever since the constitution was first written in 1948 six months after independence. It's the Chinese and Pakistanis who have imperialistic designs there. They wish to seize Kashmir so as to dominate the glaciers and the river sources which feed India's farms and agricultural sector. Then they wish to use that control over the water flow to dictate terms over India. To conquer and rule India by taking only 1 out of its 26 states.

Good points, the control of water sources is also why China controls Tibet as thats the source of many major Asian rivers.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
they follow whatever kadyrov says unfortunately :francis:

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I know from our perspective it looks really bad for Russia right now, but part of me wonders if that’s just our bubble. A couple weeks/months from not how will all of this shake out?

Crazy times.:wow:

Someone on twitter said that using Germany’s military budget increase as the reason why we have a veil. My bubble is mostly showing Ukraine victories, but we clearly aren’t seeing the entire picture.

Informational warfare is crazy.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
ehhhh

don't think a stronger europe would be good for africa
Point taken :ehh:

But Europe being stronger is mostly so we can stop depending/following the US. The way Biden retreated from Afghanistan rubbed plenty of European allies the wrong way.

Regarding Africa, Europe is being passed by China and Russia in Africa. Last example is Mali where Russian's mercenaries were welcomed while the French army was told to leave. I wouldnt be too worried about Europe if I was African.