Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:wow:
Kosovo asks U.S. for permanent military base, speedier NATO membership

Kosovo asks U.S. for permanent military base, speedier NATO membership
ReutersFebruary 27, 20227:24 PM UTCLast Updated an hour ago
PRISTINA, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Kosovo has asked the United States to establish a permanent military base in the country and speed up its integration into NATO after Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Kosovo's Defence Minister Armend Mehaj said on Sunday.

The United States has already 635 soldiers in the Balkan country to maintain the fragile peace as part of a NATO peacekeeping mission. read more
"Accelerating Kosovo's membership in NATO and having a permanent base of American forces is an immediate need to guarantee peace, security and stability in the Western Balkans," Mehaj said on his Facebook page.

Register now for FREE unlimited access to Reuters.com

Kosovo has joined other countries in introducing sanctions against Russia. Mehaj has said that his government was ready to offer help for any military operation to Ukraine, should that be asked for by Washington.

Kosovo's 2008 independence is recognised by more than 110 countries, mainly Western nations, but not by Serbia or its traditional ally Russia. Four NATO members also refuse to recognise Kosovo's independence.

Kosovo is still not a United Nations member over objections from Russia.

Register now for FREE unlimited access to Reuters.com

Reporting by Fatos Bytyci; Editing by Daria Sito-Sucic and Alison Williams

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
In the age we live in now where the media sets the narrative, honestly it was one of the best things these guys have done. They literally set the narrative (which happened to be the truth) for the entire world and didn’t allow Putin to establish his own. It really was masterful.

yeah.:wow:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Vladimir Putin: What’s going on inside his head?

I mean Orwell’s boot stamping endlessly on people’s faces. I mean the underlying psychology that shines through in the violence that suffuses all of Putin’s language. Just last week, to give one small example, as Putin spoke with Macron, the Russian president casually invoked a Russian rape joke about Sleeping Beauty to explain what he would soon do to Ukraine. Conflating Ukraine and Sleeping Beauty, he gleefully put himself in the role of the rapist: “Whether you like it or not my beauty, you will need to put up with all I do to you.” (It rhymes in Russian.)

I mean the way he uses grievance narratives, always complaining how the world has put him down. There are many people – minorities, the economically disadvantaged – who bear righteous grievance. But when the world’s richest man, a blatant bully, does it, it means something else.
:hhh:

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This is WILD bruh... they just exposing Russian troop movements ...complete removal of surprise.

Embarrassing bruh :picard:

Far from being a military expert, but aren’t they too close? One anti-tank missile can create a domino effect or a fighter get above can get tons.

:lupe: I don’t know tho.