Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Damn, I hadn’t thought of that. Not that I expect it but interesting indeed. I’ve brought it up already, but I’m intrigued to see what Communist Party in Russia might do. Would serve both Chinese and Western interests of the Commies eliminated Putin and they would if given the chance imo. Doesn’t mean they’d somehow be any better, but enemy of my enemy shyt……:ehh:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I also think they would apply and get into NATO. Russia would have its buffer with East Ukraine but West Ukraine would have its buffer by officially being a NATO country.
Oh they definitely will I agree.
This invasion is the best selling speech for NATO membership ever. I wouldnt be surprised if Finland and Sweden apply too. The threats Russia sent to them a couple of days ago were nonsensical like why were they even antagonizing them lol

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Oh they definitely will I agree.
This invasion is the best selling speech for NATO membership ever. I wouldnt be surprised if Finland and Sweden apply too. The threats Russia sent to them a couple of days ago were nonsensical like why were they even antagonizing them lol
Putin misread the room completely. Also yeah I expect them all to join NATO. There isn’t a reason for them not too. The pretext he wouldn’t invade if they didn’t is gone.

This was suppose to be a show of Russia’s power and it’s only made them look weaker.

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
Im guessing Putin betting that EU, US and other nations are so divided that he could exploit that but they are assembling like Voltron :wow:

Im thinking Zelensky staying in Ukraine was a brilliant move b/c if he left the NATO would have been even slower or not respond at all.

Europe recognizes this invasion as an assault on the greatest gift of the greatest generation: the rules based international order that democracy provides. We have been here before and Europe sure as hell does not want to go back.

Putin is not the first and won’t be the last to underestimate democratic republics. He believes our pluralism and our disagreements are our weakness and seeks to sow division to destroy us. But so long as we hold to our democratic values, our debate and disagreements are what make us strong.

Strongmen like Putin believe in nothing beyond themselves. Their malignant narcissism puts them above anything else. They can’t understand the idea that institutions or documents can be something greater than them. They care only for weaponizing hate of an “other” to aggrandize power by forcing loyalty through fear. Strongmen like Putin see nothing above themselves.

That’s why Putin assumed Zelensky would flee and Ukraine would just give up. Because, if he were in that situation, that’s precisely what he would do.

But the greatest generation’s gift to us put in place something greater than any individual. And the idea of self determination of a democratic republic is one that we and Europe know is greater than any one individual. And the rule based order of alliances between us and Europe based on these values. And since we see it threatened in a way we have seen it threatened before - and millions died to stop it - Europe will rally around it.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Lower Learning is only slightly better than TLR at this point. The student/teacher relationship from childhood is replaced with the pundit/viewer relationship as grown adults. :russ:

At least kids have the excuse of being kids these are whole grown ass adults with no interest in taking the conversation beyond base comments with no depth :skip:

Most Americans sound like naive goofballs with a totally narrow worldview when geopolitics comes up. If Rachel Maddow had a pop quiz a lot of these posters would ace that shyt….:skip:

Who hurt your feelings in here? :mjlol:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Wonder if Germany will pursue Nukes as well?
I hope they will and I hope Europe reinforces itself as military coalition to stay off the US umbrella. Macron and Merkel have been pushing for a stronger EU military-wise and if so, we need both France and Germany to be nuclear powers.

Now, would Germany building nukes contradict its current anti-nuclear power stance ? In light of the current developments and its Russia dependence on energy, they might reconsider.

Last edited:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Putin is not gonna be able to hold Ukraine, the world is not gonna let it. It will bankrupt Russia something serious.
Whatever breh, apparently Putin announced he's readying nukes. How the Lockeroom thread have more info then HL?:what: