Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
So basically Ukraine will shrink? :ohhh:
:manny:

Ukraine has not been a stable country since 2004 and the Orange revolution. And since the Maidan protrests, it has defacto shrunk already as
the Douhansk/Lougansk are separatists and Russia has illegally annexed Crimea. This would formalize what is already real life.

Gives Putin a pyrrhic W and gives Ukrainians a moral W (no ground actually lost in battle). Honestly, I can only see worse outcomes.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Ukraine has not been a stable country since 2004 and the Orange revolution. And since the Maidan protrests, it has defacto shrunk already as
the Douhansk/Lougansk are separatists and Russia has illegally annexed Crimea. This would formalize what is already real life.

Gives Putin a pyrrhic W and gives Ukrainians a moral W (no ground actually lost in battle). Honestly, I can only see worse outcomes.

Let me save hlnbc posters the trouble: Derrrrrrr, yOu sUppORt pUtIn! :damn:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

I also think they would apply and get into NATO. Russia would have its buffer with East Ukraine but West Ukraine would have its buffer by officially being a NATO country.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Im guessing Putin betting that EU, US and other nations are so divided that he could exploit that but they are assembling like Voltron :wow:

Im thinking Zelensky staying in Ukraine was a brilliant move b/c if he left the NATO would have been even slower or not respond at all.

Daps
HUMANS are fuked, read this shyt brehs

:gucci:

:dwillhuh: the nukes keep flying even if no one is around

I don't know why you're surprised about this lol; it's standard military contingencies. It's why Kamala has her own assistant with a nuclear football along with Biden. Not much point in having the biggest nuclear arsenal on Earth if killing one political leader is all it takes to render those weapons completely inoperable by anyone. :russ:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do worry about this. His strongman act isn't just an act. You know he's humiliated right now that the Russian military is getting worked by a smaller country and a bunch of street combatants with Molotovs.

He'd definitely do something like use a nuke on Ukraine because he wants to reassert his dominance even when it would otherwise be CRAZY to do (for reasons of escalation, for reasons that Russia would destroy farmland that they'd want to use otherwise, etc.).
Moscow would basically have to deal with terrorism daily.

People with no land and nothing to live for who had their families wiped out by the bomb.

No matter what, he is eating a shyt sandwich for a solution.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Russia needs to be removed as president of the UN and expelled from Security Council as well

Earlier someone posted Ukraine opened the door for this very thing to happen. According to the tweet, Russia bullied its way into the SC, but it was never really an official member of the SC. So can be booted out because it didn't follow the rules.