Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
Yep I am thinking a East and West Germany situation is the most realistic with one side joining nato and the other becoming part of Russia. Also Sweden and Finland will likely speed run to NATO as well.

This is why it feels like a mistake on Putin's part. I thought he would stop at Donetsk, basically recognize them as a breakaway state, and end there, but he went in on a full-scale war and is now an international pariah. He even has China being openly disinterested with his little foray into Ukraine.

I think the point of this now was to prevent Ukraine running toward Europe faster by taking Kyiv and installing a puppet president so that he has it and Belarus on his Western border acting as a buffer, but all it's going to end up doing is cleaving Europe closer together and pushing countries toward joining the EU.

Long-term, do we think that this is the trigger for a federalized Europe? I think the talk about raising an EU military is going to get serious after this, at least.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I mean the beginning of this clip is basically Zelensky on Twitter all week :deadmanny:

"I'M OUTSIDE :damn:"

Facts, all the other Slavic states reacting like the MSG crowd n shyt lowkey rooting for Ukrehs cuz the Ruskrehs been on they high horse too long. :skip: :russ:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Now it's pivoted to boilerplate "but the US is bad" and pointing out some inconsistent stories/propaganda coming out of Ukraine.

People who are engaging in that are not worth responding to. There's a whole board to discuss how sh-t the U.S. is.. they can discuss U.S. imperialism elsewhere.

This thread is on this conflict and shouldn't be muddied. People who want to muddy topics have ulterior motives..

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Putin lost the propaganda war the minute he invaded. Post invasion it was pretty obvious that Russian apologists on the left and right were going to cast this as a major US intel failure comparable to Iraq/WMD. Biden was getting clowned nonstop. And then what should have been obvious to anyone with a brain ended up happening: the invasion began. That alone killed the troll farm shyt. Biden releasing US intel and predicting Putin's steps blew up their entire plan, which seemed to be to create false flag attack as pretext for invasion.

I don't think it's a coincidence that people like Greenwald, Snowden, Tucker, etc were caught completely off guard. Now it's pivoted to boilerplate "but the US is bad" and pointing out some inconsistent stories/propaganda coming out of Ukraine. Doesn't change the facts on the ground: Russia invaded a neighboring country with no military provocation, is currently getting dog walked by Ukrainian forces, and their economy will crash tomorrow morning.
:manny:

BTW I called this weeks ago and deserve my flowers. Russia never said a thing about Kiev, yet the initial US talking points were focused entirely on plans to take Kiev. Now we're almost a week into hostilities and they've failed to take Kiev. They lost the propaganda war before it began. Amazing work by the US.
wild shyt is, Biden really got America moving like its 1955 again. shyt crazy right now.

Really the world leader FOR SURE :whoo:

The contrarians (ironically I had that thread calling them out for YEARS) were hoping Putin DIDNT invade to prove them right as over hyping the threat.

Putin proved everyone wrong. The guy fukked up and they can't say shyt.

Snowden's bytch ass ain't even tweet all week.

This is all dipshyts like Aaron Mate are posting.

This is why I been on @FAH1223 bumper ll these years. Every. Single. Person. this dude has supported has turned out to be a fukking tankie dumbass or a cypto-fash republican. EVERY ONE!

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I would say a Ukraine partition along ethnic lines is currently the outcome that look like the least bad. I can see Donbass, Lougansk and Crimea staying or officially seceding in the hands of Russia as they are culturally close to it.

2kHmNvV.jpg

The Odessa region would most likely be the major pain point as Ukraine would want to keep access to sea.

At this point I don't really see a good outcome for Ukraine. It kinda reminds me of Ireland during the Troubles. There's a moment when leadership will need to realize that they can't keep people in their territory if they don't want to above all if they have every arguments to form a nation.

Other pain points will also be Ukraine neutrality re: NATO. I'm of those that think we should keep a buffer zone between Russia and NATO and just let Ukraine in the EU but after that war, Ukraine would have all the reasons to join. And if it doesnt have separatism problems any more then that would help them too.
So basically Ukraine will shrink? :ohhh:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
This is why it feels like a mistake on Putin's part. I thought he would stop at Donetsk, basically recognize them as a breakaway state, and end there, but he went in on a full-scale war and is now an international pariah. He even has China being openly disinterested with his little foray into Ukraine.

I think the point of this now was to prevent Ukraine running toward Europe faster by taking Kyiv and installing a puppet president so that he has it and Belarus on his Western border acting as a buffer, but all it's going to end up doing is cleaving Europe closer together and pushing countries toward joining the EU.

Long-term, do we think that this is the trigger for a federalized Europe? I think the talk about raising an EU military is going to get serious after this, at least.

The potential of Finland/Sweden joining NATO is where the backfire will really be felt. Whole Baltic Sea route will be choked off and that’s even more of their border to defend. Plus even a partitioned Ukraine will be difficult to handle with all the damage done to the Russian economy as well as insurgents and separatists movements. Hell, at its worse you might even get combatants from Syria coming up there to side with the anti-Russian Chechens as well as exact their own bit of revenge for Putin’s support of Assad. Again, another issue (Islamic extremists) that Putin was afraid of coming to his door.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The potential of Finland/Sweden joining NATO is where the backfire will really be felt. Whole Baltic Sea route will be choked off and that’s even more of their border to defend. Plus even a partitions Ukraine will be difficult to handle with all the damage done to the Russian economy as well as insurgents and separatists movements. Hell, at its worse you might even get combatants from Syria coming up there to side with the anti-Russian Chechens as well as exact their own bit of revenge for Putin’s support of Assad. Again, another issue that Putin was afraid of coming to his door.
Honestly, now is the time for the Caucasus regions to sprint for independence...

If you're a Russian breakaway region...the clock is ticking...

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I would say a Ukraine partition along ethnic lines is currently the outcome that look like the least bad. I can see Donbass, Lougansk and Crimea staying or officially seceding in the hands of Russia as they are culturally close to it.

2kHmNvV.jpg

The Odessa region would most likely be the major pain point as Ukraine would want to keep access to sea.

At this point I don't really see a good outcome for Ukraine. It kinda reminds me of Ireland during the Troubles. There's a moment when leadership will need to realize that they can't keep people in their territory if they don't want to above all if they have every arguments to form a nation.

Other pain points will also be Ukraine neutrality re: NATO. I'm of those that think we should keep a buffer zone between Russia and NATO and just let Ukraine in the EU but after that war, Ukraine would have all the reasons to join. And if it doesnt have separatism problems any more then that would help them too.
Completely agree. And we need to get there quickly before a worse eventuality is realized. The people cheering on the West taking a more hardline antagonistic posture towards a nuclear powered Russia are insane. Split the baby already and let’s all leave with our lives intact.