Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Putin lost the propaganda war the minute he invaded. Post invasion it was pretty obvious that Russian apologists on the left and right were going to cast this as a major US intel failure comparable to Iraq/WMD. Biden was getting clowned nonstop. And then what should have been obvious to anyone with a brain ended up happening: the invasion began. That alone killed the troll farm shyt. Biden releasing US intel and predicting Putin's steps blew up their entire plan, which seemed to be to create false flag attack as pretext for invasion.

I don't think it's a coincidence that people like Greenwald, Snowden, Tucker, etc were caught completely off guard. Now it's pivoted to boilerplate "but the US is bad" and pointing out some inconsistent stories/propaganda coming out of Ukraine. Doesn't change the facts on the ground: Russia invaded a neighboring country with no military provocation, is currently getting dog walked by Ukrainian forces, and their economy will crash tomorrow morning.
:manny:

BTW I called this weeks ago and deserve my flowers. Russia never said a thing about Kiev, yet the initial US talking points were focused entirely on plans to take Kiev. Now we're almost a week into hostilities and they've failed to take Kiev. They lost the propaganda war before it began. Amazing work by the US.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
No one said Putin was rational. Why do people on here bird brain shyt and prove they don’t have nuance. :dead:

meanwhile posts saying world war 3 needs to happen are dapped. :dead:

Lower Learning is only slightly better than TLR at this point. The student/teacher relationship from childhood is replaced with the pundit/viewer relationship as grown adults. :russ:

At least kids have the excuse of being kids these are whole grown ass adults with no interest in taking the conversation beyond base comments with no depth :skip:

Most Americans sound like naive goofballs with a totally narrow worldview when geopolitics comes up. If Rachel Maddow had a pop quiz a lot of these posters would ace that shyt….:skip:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Putin lost the propaganda war the minute he invaded. Post invasion it was pretty obvious that Russian apologists on the left and right were going to cast this as a major US intel failure comparable to Iraq/WMD. Biden was getting clowned nonstop. And then what should have been obvious to anyone with a brain ended up happening: the invasion began. That alone killed the troll farm shyt. Biden releasing US intel and predicting Putin's steps blew up their entire plan, which seemed to be to create false flag attack as pretext for invasion.

I don't think it's a coincidence that people like Greenwald, Snowden, Tucker, etc were caught completely off guard. Now it's pivoted to boilerplate "but the US is bad" and pointing out some inconsistent stories/propaganda coming out of Ukraine. Doesn't change the facts on the ground: Russia invaded a neighboring country with no military provocation, is currently getting dog walked by Ukrainian forces, and their economy will crash tomorrow morning.
:manny:

BTW I called this weeks ago and deserve my flowers. Russia never said a thing about Kiev, yet the initial US talking points were focused entirely on plans to take Kiev. Now we're almost a week into hostilities and they've failed to take Kiev. They lost the propaganda war before it began. Amazing work by the US.
In the age we live in now where the media sets the narrative, honestly it was one of the best things these guys have done. They literally set the narrative (which happened to be the truth) for the entire world and didn’t allow Putin to establish his own. It really was masterful.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
IDK about this, they are still advancing per all maps so far and have not deployed heavy armament yet, nor have they deployed the majority of their battalions.

Barring negotiations/ceasefire, the end game will almost certainly remain the same = Russians advancing on their objectives and capturing major cities while the Ukrainians switch from a conventional to a guérilla war.
guerilla warfare is inevitably. That’s what’ll hurt Russia the most.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
So despite all other motivations, the threat as it is perceived and the past undermining by the West. His actions so far in the conflict are irrational correct?

This isn't a gotcha question either. Just need an honest response.
Another lower learning response. Do the quote search feature and find when I defended Putin in this or called him rational. I’m gonna find more posts if you dapping up that lunatic @Neo The Resurrected ONE sharing unconfirmed tweets and videos than you will of me saying anything of that sort.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
it's a lot harder to do that than some believe... trust me you don't want them sh-ts ringing off and Russia has a crazy supply

Exactly, this shyt ain’t a fukkin movie I don’t know why some people in here tempting fate with that dumbass shyt. Nobody needs nukes in the air just so we can get a fireworks show for America’s viewing pleasure. :snoop:

Derrrrr, bUt wE gOt duH caPabilItIes 2 sHoOt DuH nUcEleR bOmB dOwN. Frying y’all brains on McCNN’s coverage like shyt thinking this is a Bond flick…..:rudy:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Новая газета - novayagazeta.ru

Came across this Russian newspaper article on Reddit (use Auto-translate on Chrome). Russia's people are clearly in for a world of hurt. Distributors are completely stopping transport. So like the country is going to run out of bananas completely for example. Sounds like a nothing-burger but when the article points to other resultant turmoil such as Russia requiring tools from other countries to efficiently process grain & oil, and not only did the companies cancel future orders, they also turned around ships that were already en route. Not only will Russia struggle to sell their goods, but they will even have trouble efficiently producing the goods to distribute them

Globalization has fukked over a lot of countries, but on the flipside, when countries become dependent on others to function, globalization becomes a social deterrent and when countries (ie Russia) don't adhere to the social contract, they are made an example of in a real way. Saw on r/PublicFreakout a line for a Russian ATM that was like +200 deep because people are scared that the money is going to be hard get to thanks to SWIFT sanctions.

Also, the tone of the article is hilarious and sad at the same time. The first paragraph dryly points out the 'facts' they have to tell in order to avoid being shut down by the government

Last edited: