Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i can't believe people think Russia sent their "weak" arms and are waiting to go into their final form lol. why would putin delay beating them just to let the world sanction and send Ukraine arms to extend it. the greatest army in the world still banged up weapons

i do believe Putin went somewhat 'light' through the air to avoid turning major cities to rubble but he underestimated the UA in many ways and a lot of his moves didn't ring off as planned.. now he's in a fight and how does he approach from here is the question on everyone's mind

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Again, you bringing up what happened after WW1 makes no sense. A defeated Germany forced to accept terms set by the Versailles Treaty is not the same what is happening now. Furthermore, to put that much stock into some tweet from a random journalist when no Head of State or any high ranking officials from participating countries said anything of the sort is stupid.

What's next, are you going to share a tweet from another rando that says the only way we stop hitting them is for Russia to dissolve their military and postulate on how that may cause the next Stalin?

Of course it's not the same as what's happening now, the end of the war hasn't happened yet.:mjlol:

How do you know it's NOT going to be like the treaty of versaille? hell it doesn't have to be like the treaty of versaille because like I said, humiliating defeats and the consequences that follow leading to new tyrants has happened throughout history. My original point is that the actions we take if this situation is resolved have to be carefully administered as to not let something like this happen again. It's called crisis management. Russia hopefully will be punished severely.

I'm glad you emotional ass, short term thinking ass nikkas just on the internet and not in positions of power:mjlol:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said regardless of what happens, Russia gets its desired outcome, which is Ukraine not being invited into NATO.

Ukraine and NATO wasn't going to happen pre-invasion you idiot. Western Europe were deadset against it. If Putin continues to fukk up who dafuq knows, maybe NATO will be emboldened and continue to expand against a weakened Russia. So basically you are talking bullshyt - Putin is losing. :win:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
When the dust settles I think this period will be analyzed as a seminal case study in social media mis/disinformation. Basically every tweet being shared right now is completely unverifiable and people are building entire narratives around them. Random accounts just throwing out numbers of dead and going viral, years old videos being shared as current...it's the wild west out there right now. Like, people getting high off that video of the Russian plane being shot down over Kyiv and when it turned out to be a Ukrainian plane everyone just collectively shrugged and moved on looking for the next unverified tweet/video. Everyone, including mainstream media, spent days making martyrs out of the Snake Island defenders and when they turned out to still be alive, again, we all just collectively shrugged and moved on. This whole shyt is weird as fukk if you really think about it.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Of course it's not the same as what's happening now, the end of the war hasn't happened yet.:mjlol:

How do you know it's NOT going to be like the treaty of versaille? hell it doesn't have to be like the treaty of versaille because like I said, humiliating defeats and the consequences that follow leading to new tyrants has happened throughout history. My original point is that the actions we take if this situation is resolved have to be carefully administered as to not let something like this happen again. It's called crisis management. Russia hopefully will be punished severely.

I'm glad you emotional ass, short term thinking ass nikkas just on the internet and not in positions of power:mjlol:

So sanctions targeting government officials and the Oligarchs bank accounts are not humiliating? Preventing many of their banks from the SWIFT system, including targeting their foreign cash reserves is not humiliating? Having countries openly arm those you are fighting with weapons is not humiliating? The various foreign businesses halting commerce within the country is not humiliating?

I can go on and on but we are stunting all over them right now and it is only going to get worse, initiated from the people you think are non-emotional long term thinkers.

Last edited:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
When the dust settles I think this period will be analyzed as a seminal case study in social media mis/disinformation. Basically every tweet being shared right now is completely unverifiable and people are building entire narratives around them. Random accounts just throwing out numbers of dead and going viral, years old videos being shared as current...it's the wild west out there right now. Like, people getting high off that video of the Russian plane being shot down over Kyiv and when it turned out to be a Ukrainian plane everyone just collectively shrugged and moved on looking for the next unverified tweet/video. That was weird as fukk if you really think about it.

News can be performative. When you add in all the new sources for news you’ll have people watching things unfold from their ideological corners like their watching a movie and sport but it’s actually war and people are dying.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When the dust settles I think this period will be analyzed as a seminal case study in social media mis/disinformation. Basically every tweet being shared right now is completely unverifiable and people are building entire narratives around them. Random accounts just throwing out numbers of dead and going viral, years old videos being shared as current...it's the wild west out there right now. Like, people getting high off that video of the Russian plane being shot down over Kyiv and when it turned out to be a Ukrainian plane everyone just collectively shrugged and moved on looking for the next unverified tweet/video. Everyone, including mainstream media, spent days making martyrs out of the Snake Island defenders and when they turned out to still be alive, again, we all just collectively shrugged and moved on. This whole shyt is weird as fukk if you really think about it.

The internet has completely eroded people’s basic media literacy skills. Even worse with young people who’ve grown up with the internet and don’t know anything else.

Attention spans are non existent, nobody reads past the headline, let alone checks sources. Some of these people’s primary way of getting news/information is from fukking memes. It’s insane.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

I mean this was obvious without saying it lmaoo… Oligarcs pockets getting ran :mjlol:

perfect time for Oleg Deripaska to pay back Putin for humiliating him in front of everyone like that making him sign those docs and then asking for his pen back :mjgrin:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
And while we're at it, I find all this talk about Putin being crazy or having syphillis or Parkinsons kinda funny. It's the same line that's always trot out whenever a country's leader counters American interests. Castro? Crazy. Gaddafi? Insane. Saddam? Lunatic. The Kims? Nutty. Khomeini? Psycho. Lumumba? Deranged. Chavez? Maniac. Seems like sanity is directly correlated to the willingness to be subordinate to American interests.

There are many rational reasons why Putin, the definitionally precarious leader of a kleptocratic oligarchy with internal power struggles ruling over a country with water/climate concerns and a potentially waning strangehold on their economically prized European gas domination and a buffer state neighbour increasingly leaning towards joining a military alliance with a hegemonic enemy, would make this move. It was a gamble, the odds of which paying off are looking increasingly diminished due to the heroism of Ukrainians, but it wasn't particularly irrational. By all metrics the Gulf War (so say nothing of the Iraq War) was a far more irrational venture than Putin's invasion. But for some reason American leadership never gets the tag of irrationality. That's only reserved for foreigners, usually darker ones. Edward Said rolling over in his grave.

Putin's nationalistic aspirations of Russian growth and relevance are diametrically opposed by American interests, hence CIA supporting Pro-Western forces during Euromaidan, which Putin viewed as a massive antagonism. Those same Pro-Western Ukrainians going so hard in the paint is what's making this whole thing go t*ts up for Putin. All respect to them. Russian imperialists should fukk off. But the idea that NATO is a completely benign and democratic defensive organization and not an extension of the American Military Industrial Complex running an international protection racket in exchange for social and economic dominance over member nations is naive as hell. It's rational for Putin to feel threatened by the prospect of Ukraine joining NATO. *cue some smoothbrained idiot drooling about how this is a defense of Russian imperialism*

An American education is really an exercise is solipsism, as seen by the hysterics in here of posters ridiculously trying to appeal to the timing and sensitivity of Ukrainians fighting for their country as reasons why posters on a message board completely removed from the conflict cannot engage in nuanced discourse. Idiocy.
Indeed

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The internet has completely eroded people’s basic media literacy skills. Even worse with young people who’ve grown up with the internet and don’t know anything else.

Attention spans are non existent, nobody reads past the headline, let alone checks sources. Some of these people’s primary way of getting news/information is from fukking memes. It’s insane.

Pretty much, and it has infected older generations as well.