Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The thing is if Russia can get Ukraine back into the fold, whether by annexation or puppet government, theyre back in the superpower race. It's literally like America without California for them right now, they're tryna reunite the band. Ukraine has 44 million people, many of them highly trained and educated plus access to a warm water port, with advanced industry and the ability to produce enough grain to sell to other countries, a whole lot of minerals and ores... They would solve their stagnating population problem without having to bring in Central Asian and East Asian immigrants which the Russians are notoriously :mjpls: about... It's a hail Mary but if it lands :lupe:
Thank you for the education.I knew about the port access but not the grain\mineral.

Hard to be a landlocked superpower.

That’s why the Russia in Mexico or South America is a strawman analogy. America isn’t going to stop economic ties between those two areas( we might punish them with tariffs or get closer with their neighbors). Putting certain weapons in the Western Hemisphere is a totally separate issue since Russia has no direct military border with those countries. It’s just meant to attack the US.

Russia sells guns, planes, and missiles all over the world though. Including South American countries like Venezuela.

Ukraine wants political reform and accountability. Russia ain’t about it and ain’t interested in trying to change to get them back.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I still have a hard time believing Putin will invade but maybe things are worse domestically than they seem and or he's really lost the plot

I don't see the payoff for Russia

I said it a few post ago but at this point he "has to" invade or he risk looking weak at home (which makes him vulnerable in more than one sense) and looks weak AND like a lunatic abroad. I think he over played his cards with this whole situation

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I still have a hard time believing Putin will invade but maybe things are worse domestically than they seem and or he's really lost the plot

I don't see the payoff for Russia
Putin will cut his time short in Moscow if he does this. Theres no reason to believe the Russian deep state will allow this to continue.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I said it a few post ago but at this point he "has to" invade or he risk looking weak at home (which makes him vulnerable in more than one sense) and looks weak AND like a lunatic abroad. I think he over played his cards with this whole situation

how expensive is all this shyt :dahell:

Good Guy Guevara

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Basically what I've been saying

I don’t understand the logic behind Putin amassing tens of thousands of troops and heavy equipment was somehow a bluff. The Russians were literally conducting maneuvers on the Ukrainian border and leaving their equipment behind before the big build up. That was a major sign something was happening soon.

The US and the West is trying to save face by saying Putin really didn’t want to do it but now he has to in order not to look weak. We know there’s nothing we can do to stop it and we are trying to mitigate the damage. The smaller NATO countries like the Baltic States have probably been calling nonstop seeking reassurance from the major Western powers they are committed to their defense. They have sizable Russian populations as well and don’t want any covert separatist movements taking place.