Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Having said all that. If reporting about people that have been around Putin is to be believed, it really does seems his COVID isolation fukked him mentally (or maybe he has other issues that got triggered during his long ass isolation). And if that's the case, I'm not sure anything would've prevented him from doing something incredibly stupid and crazy like this invasion.

How much was he isolated? If he was truly isolated along with having Parkinsons, that could trigger early onset dementia. Would explain why he's recording several speeches at once and hasn't been heard from publicly for days.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
There's always some risk but Ukraine isn't America.

I doubt Ukranians hate each other as much as Americans do :yeshrug:
they were having a civil war in the eastern regions before russia invaded, and there are at least a few thousand trained and armed neonazis. america is pretty bad off but we still have the same federal government for all 50 states

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
When talking about world powers, there's never just 1 side that causes these sorts of tragedies. You can always go back at one point in time and realize that if both (or more) sides weren't stubborn/prideful/whatever, a lot of lives could've been saved.

Having said all that. If reporting about people that have been around Putin is to be believed, it really does seems his COVID isolation fukked him mentally (or maybe he has other issues that got triggered during his long ass isolation). And if that's the case, I'm not sure anything would've prevented him from doing something incredibly stupid and crazy like this invasion.

Maybe it wouldn't have been Kiev or all of Ukraine, maybe it wouldn't have been in early 2022. But if dude is this unhinged, something was going to pop off eventually. I mean, you got people that have followed him for decades and are like "yo, this dude lost it".

Yeah that’s certainly the one wild card in this. Perhaps not having those perceived threats creeping to the border wouldn’t of stopped him from doing this anyway. But I really think if it’s a case of mental illness then the perceived NATO threat helped to trigger it. There’s no doubt that Putin’s political ideology is fascist in nature but I still think a better devised plan between East and West could’ve prevented this. Perhaps have those countries he’s sensitive about be neutral but under the condition that both sides help equip those countries to defend themselves and have the condition of either East or West attacks those countries then the other has the right to defend them a la Article 5 of the NATO charter.

Whether or not that could’ve worked is another question but I still think they could’ve tried to actually work this out. Russia and the West were both stubborn and prideful in this and that’s why we’re here. And the transition out of Communism was a failure in terms of making Russia a more democratic country and this transition also made things hard for countries in the Eastern bloc. I think that’s why as much as I bring up Finland/Sweden it’s important to keep in mind that those countries had a much different development path than Ukraine which might’ve made neutrality a harder option especially with Kiev’s own history of corrupt govts. It’s just like any other war, a lot of sad circumstances and mishaps that leads to conflict. You would hope that things could de escalate but it doesn’t look like that’ll happen. It might take countries like China, Turkey, etc to pull both sides together to negotiate. The Azerbaijan/Turkey joint mediation offer sounds good given their relationships with both sides and being regional partners that have a stake in stability in that part of the world. Either way, influential parties will need to stop watching and start pressing for negotiations.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You can tell the US/Europe realizes Russia can't sustain this, regardless of whether they take Ukraine or not.

My guess is they also have intelligence telling them that Putin might be "fine" with these sanctions but not anyone else. Russians already hating this war probably contributed too. It's kind of a risk, in the sense of Vlad having nothing to lose at some point, but it's the right move. You don't try to make shyt worse, you try every available option to avoid going to all out war.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah that’s certainly the one wild card in this. Perhaps not having those perceived threats creeping to the border wouldn’t of stopped him from doing this anyway. But I really think if it’s a case of mental illness then the perceived NATO threat helped to trigger it. There’s no doubt that Putin’s political ideology is fascist in nature but I still think a better devised plan between East and West could’ve prevented this. Perhaps have those countries he’s sensitive about be neutral but under the condition that both sides help equip those countries to defend themselves and have the condition of either East or West attacks those countries then the other has the right to defend them a la Article 5 of the NATO charter.

Whether or not that could’ve worked is another question but I still think they could’ve tried to actually work this out. Russia and the West were both stubborn and prideful in this and that’s why we’re here. And the transition out of Communism was a failure in terms of making Russia a more democratic country and this transition also made things hard for countries in the Eastern bloc. I think that’s why as much as I bring up Finland/Sweden it’s important to keep in mind that those countries had a much different development path than Ukraine which might’ve made neutrality a harder option especially with Kiev’s own history of corrupt govts. It’s just like any other war, a lot of sad circumstances and mishaps that leads to conflict. You would hope that things could de escalate but it doesn’t look like that’ll happen. It might take countries like China, Turkey, etc to pull both sides together to negotiate. The Azerbaijan/Turkey joint mediation offer sounds good given their relationships with both sides and being regional partners that have a stake in stability in that part of the world. Either way, influential parties will need to stop watching and start pressing for negotiations.

Yup, specially after tonight.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
How much was he isolated? If he was truly isolated along with having Parkinsons, that could trigger early onset dementia. Would explain why he's recording several speeches at once and hasn't been heard from publicly for days.

Supposedly he's been barely seen by people and has had very little contact with folks since the pandemic started. It's Russia though, so who the fukk knows how reliable the reporting is. Might just be people trying to explain his recent behavior. It does make sense though, can't deny that.

Daps
Intense social media propaganda is rife right now on this war. Would take anything posted by clear proponents of either side with a heavy grain of salt.

I hear you but the US has been independently verifying most of the info that Ukraine has released. And in a couple of cases where Ukrainian officials got something wrong, they came back out and issued a retraction. A Russian News station even confirmed the number of dead Russian soldiers, and their numbers lined up with the numbers that Ukraine had released hours later.