Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
My thing is, why does he feel so threatened by other European countries joining NATO? He just hates for Russia not to be in charge?

Is it purely just pride and wanting Russia to be the big dog of the area? Seems like a petty reason to fukk up his standing in the world and his country's economy, but then again we had Bush and Iraq...

I don't know much about Russian politics but hopefully the Russian populace just deposes of Putin at some point :yeshrug: probably not likely tho

He wants space between him/Russia and America in Europe. With Ukraine Finland and a few others in NATO America is basically knocking on Russia's door and has them trapped on their West.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
It feels like Putin will level Kiev just so he can take it and "save face". He'll blame the West of arming Ukraine and brain washing them to turn their backs to their roots and brothers (Russia) and bomb the fukk out of the capital.

That still wont work because that will only make other countries more involved and Ukranians will fight wieh even more fearlessness to avenge their martyrs.

Vlad lost his fukking mind and all bets are off when a dude with that much power is unhinged. I just hope he's stopped before he decides to fukk the rest of the world out of spite. I'd never thought he was someone capable of being so fukking stupid and crazy, but this week has shown that we can't assume he's not completely off the rails and anything can happen.
He won't be able to level Kiev without a huge outcry from Russian people. When people find out their families and relatives are dead in a bombing instead of "special operation" that aims at military objects and "denazifying", Putin will lose trust of his own people.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Breh US intelligence ain't risking jack shyt for the sake of Shabazz Napier, either they've released a general alert to Americans in Russia or he's just acting off of his own reading of the headlines.

I get you, I am just saying. Maybe he got a call from his agent, or just it filtered down, just saying as a General Alert. It's just as of right now, Russia is all on the offensive, so why issue a 'alert' for Russia, when Ukraine won't be sending missiles.

Maybe it's Civil Unrest, or just something that is boiling.

At least that's how I see it from my point.

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading that Russia is going to launch a full aerial attack tonight, including the TOS-1 thermabaric bomb. Tonight could be an ugly one brehs but hopefully Ukraine has enough reinforcements to keep fighting

Daps
:patrice:Yup, there is a huge gap between the Russian military's performance in Syria, Mali, Libya, and C.A.R. and this kind of half ass, on the edges invasion of Ukraine. My gut tells me a good portion of this invasion force are probably young conscripts that arent really too enthusiastic about killing Ukrainians. Plus the reports of Russian vehicles running out of gas and soldiers just kind of wandering around chillin and bullshyttin reminds of the first invasion in 2014 where they told their conscripts they were going on a training exercise and then just dropped them off in the Donbass region and hit them with the :hubie:

I will never be one of these people that thinks Russia's military is a paper tiger or that they are weak. I respect their military prowess and their weapons tech and will always take them seriously but trying to take Kiev, a city of almost 3 million people without really shelling/bombing it into the ground...:usure:. I was wrong about this one. Earlier in the thread I was absolutely sure they would be shelling and bombing the shyt out of Kiev before trying to take it.

I'll stick to what i said earlier. Putin on that cocaina or maybe he has late stage syphilis which would explain his erratic decision making and behavior. I mean he already achieved his objective of never having Ukraine join NATO when he took Donetsk, Luhansk and Crimea. NATO does not take any members that have a frozen conflict or ongoing territorial dispute AFAIK. I believe Russia will win this war but I'm starting to think Putin wont be long for this world after this. He's outlived his usefulness to the nomenklatura and the oligarchs

This is exactly what happened. I posted a report in this thread a few days back where they confirmed this.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
He won't be able to level Kiev without a huge outcry from Russian people. When people find out their families and relatives are dead in a bombing instead of "special operation" that aims at military objects and "denazifying", Putin will lose trust of his own people.

I agree, I've been saying Putin's biggest risk is inside his own damn country. Thousands of people protesting from day 1 and troops failing constantly to take Kiev just tells you the russians don't fukk with this war and they are not prepares for it either.

So what choice does Putin have (from his POV) besides using his more advanced toys? He's not gonna retreat without, at the very least, taking Kiev and imposing a puppet government first. And a "special operation" is not cutting it. In fact, it's taking thousands of russians lives anyway.

He'll try to set up a narrative -or worse, a false flag operation on his own people- that he can sell to his people so he can say he had no other choice but to fukk up Kiev. I think russians will turn his back on him regardless, but I don't see him stopping or continuing the same approach to this invasion just because his people wont like it...and that will be another huge mistake on his part.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I get you, I am just saying. Maybe he got a call from his agent, or just it filtered down, just saying as a General Alert. It's just as of right now, Russia is all on the offensive, so why issue a 'alert' for Russia, when Ukraine won't be sending missiles.

Maybe it's Civil Unrest, or just something that is boiling.

At least that's how I see it from my point.

Nah, it's just general, "Russia is a corrupt lawless system that hates Americans real bad right now so you're better off steering clear". State.gov has had an official Level 4 DoNotTravel advisory for a month now:

Do not travel to Russia due to ongoing tension along the border with Ukraine, the potential for harassment against U.S. citizens, the embassy’s limited ability to assist U.S. citizens in Russia, COVID-19 and related entry restrictions, terrorism, harassment by Russian government security officials, and the arbitrary enforcement of local law.

Due to Russia’s heightened military presence and ongoing military exercises along the border region with Ukraine, U.S. citizens located in or considering travel to the districts of the Russian Federation immediately bordering Ukraine should be aware that the situation along the border is unpredictable and there is heightened tension. Given the on-going volatility of the situation, U.S. citizens are strongly advised against traveling by land from Russia to Ukraine through this region. In addition, there is the potential throughout Russia of harassment towards foreigners, including through regulations targeted specifically against foreigners.

The U.S. government’s ability to provide routine or emergency services to U.S. citizens in Russia is already severely limited, particularly in areas far from the U.S. Embassy in Moscow due to Russian government limitations on U.S. staffing and the suspension of consular services at U.S. consulates.
Country Summary: U.S. citizens, including former and current U.S. government and military personnel and private citizens engaged in business, who are visiting or residing in Russia have been interrogated without cause, and threatened by Russian officials and may become victims of harassment, mistreatment, and extortion. All U.S. government personnel should carefully consider their need to travel to Russia.

Russian security services have arrested U.S. citizens on spurious charges, denied them fair and transparent treatment, and have convicted them in secret trials and/or without presenting evidence. Russian officials may unreasonably delay U.S. consular assistance to detained U.S. citizens. Russian authorities arbitrarily enforce local laws against U.S. citizen religious workers and open questionable criminal investigations against U.S. citizens engaged in religious activity. Russian security services are increasingly arbitrarily enforcing local laws targeting foreign and international organizations they consider “undesirable,” and U.S. citizens should avoid travel to Russia to perform work for or volunteer with non-governmental organizations.

If that was already true before Russia even invaded, how much more would you not want to be an American in Russia at the moment having no idea how Putin might act if shyt starts going south. Would you really put it past him to use detained Americans as a strategic negotiating chip?