Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
Man, I love Zelensky brehs. If the world was full of leaders like him, the world would be a better place.

I like that cause it hurts western nations too.

Forces them to make hard choices.

This was always going to happen. We have a global economy now, so anything that hurts one is going to have reverberations throughout the rest of the world.

However, we still have to use whatever means at our disposal to punish bad actors.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Putin's #1 play in this is the hope that he can intimidate every neighboring nation that has not already joined NATO into being a pure Russia satellite state or risk invasion.

Just since Putin became Russia's leader, he's watched Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Bulgaria (oddly), Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Albania, Croatia, Montenegro, and North Macedonia all join NATO. Plus Bosnia, Georgia, and Ukraine all want to join. This is a massive L for Putin in terms of his pride as well as the degree to which he can bully these neighboring states.

He wants to end that shyt. He thinks that with a show of force now he can start winding back that expansion, tell future aspirants and even current members "fukk NATO, if you don't kiss the ring then I'll do the same to you and none of them will help", and widen his sphere of influence because he's feeling very isolated in Europe right now. It's a tight line to walk though because his power isn't infinite and many of his supporters don't really want to risk their already precarious state with more war, so he's trying to have it both ways - intimidate everyone into believing that Russia is the only nation that will truly employ its forces without actually having to truly employ its forces.

My thing is, why does he feel so threatened by other European countries joining NATO? He just hates for Russia not to be in charge?

Is it purely just pride and wanting Russia to be the big dog of the area? Seems like a petty reason to fukk up his standing in the world and his country's economy, but then again we had Bush and Iraq...

I don't know much about Russian politics but hopefully the Russian populace just deposes of Putin at some point :yeshrug: probably not likely tho

Daps
Unless something drastic happens, this is feeling more and more like the road to something bigger. Putin won’t sit back and be rational if the world starts arming Ukraine to the teeth

Another reason why I think the NATO/Russia conflict is inevitable.

As you said, it's not like other countries are secretly arming Ukraine. They are doing it in full view of the world.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It feels like Putin will level Kiev just so he can take it and "save face". He'll blame the West of arming Ukraine and brain washing them to turn their backs to their roots and brothers (Russia) and bomb the fukk out of the capital.

That still wont work because that will only make other countries more involved and Ukranians will fight wieh even more fearlessness to avenge their martyrs.

Vlad lost his fukking mind and all bets are off when a dude with that much power is unhinged. I just hope he's stopped before he decides to fukk the rest of the world out of spite. I'd never thought he was someone capable of being so fukking stupid and crazy, but this week has shown that we can't assume he's not completely off the rails and anything can happen.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
For the love of God, stop with the fukking siren GIF.

i take it someone i have blocked is fukking up the thread as usual?

Block him I've done so for three years now...freedom:wow:

Gotta block Nap breh. You’re Coli experience will improve immediately.

After he literally pissed his pants over Hunter Biden I finally hit the button.

Y'all weren't lying. I put him on ignore yesterday and it's been :ohhh: absolutely nothing of worth was lost :wow:

I legit have no idea how anyone could read threads without him on ignore. I've been doing it for years and it has made me nothing but grateful.