Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It feels like Putin will level Kiev just so he can take it and "save face". He'll blame the West of arming Ukraine and bran washing them to turn their backs to their roots and brothers (Russia) and bomb the fukk out of the capital.

That still wont work because that will only make other countries more involved and Ukranians will fight wieh even more fearlessness to avenge their martyrs.

Vlad lost his fukking mind and all bets are off when a dude with that much power is unhinged. I just hope he's stopped before he decides to fukk the rest of the world out of spite. I'd never thought he was someone capable of being so fukking stupid and crazy, but this week has shown that we can't assume he's not completely off the rails and anything can happen.

Is there even a chain of command for nuclear launches in Russia?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
My thing is, why does he feel so threatened by other European countries joining NATO? He just hates for Russia not to be in charge?

Is it purely just pride and wanting Russia to be the big dog of the area? Seems like a petty reason to fukk up his standing in the world and his country's economy, but then again we had Bush and Iraq...

I don't know much about Russian politics but hopefully the Russian populace just deposes of Putin at some point :yeshrug: probably not likely tho
NATOs only real purpose is to hold Russia in check. So countries joining nato is basically countries saying fukk Putin/Russia to him.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s stewardship not ownership. He’s only distancing himself so the sanctions don’t his club as much. He still owns it
Still significant.

Abramovich is actually not a bad owner by all accounts.

Either the pressure from the UK government right now is insane, or something is going on back home that forces him to make this choice.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
That Chelsea news is crazy.

Either the UK government literally told him to fukk off, or some shyt is going down in Russia and it's about to get ugly.

I wonder if US Intelligence told Shabazz to dip out, because maybe they heard something was in the works?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Is there even a chain of command for nuclear launches in Russia?

No idea to be honest. I'm not as worried about nukes (not yet at least) but more about him wanting to war with the rest of Europe for real and doing a bunch of shyt before he gets got, removed by the oligarchs or internal conflict over a war nobody but him wants to die for.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
My thing is, why does he feel so threatened by other European countries joining NATO? He just hates for Russia not to be in charge?

Is it purely just pride and wanting Russia to be the big dog of the area? Seems like a petty reason to fukk up his standing in the world and his country's economy, but then again we had Bush and Iraq...

I don't know much about Russian politics but hopefully the Russian populace just deposes of Putin at some point :yeshrug: probably not likely tho

I have to preface by saying that I pay more attention to other parts of the world than I do eastern Europe/Russia. So there's likely tons of shyt going on that I know nothing about.

But my general feeling is that when Putin has Eastern European allies he sees them as a buffer to protect Russia from being bullied by the rest of the world. If Russia has 15-20 nations around it who only desire to kiss its ass at all times, then it can enter into favorable trade agreements, expand economically and militarily into local seas, and generally act like a$$holes even internally without having to worry as much about international pushback. But if all of Russia's intimidated "allies" are in NATO, and aren't feeling so intimidated anymore, and don't feel the need to kiss Russia's ass anymore, then suddenly Russia's freedom to act without consequences in its region becomes somewhat more limited.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It feels like Putin will level Kiev just so he can take it and "save face". He'll blame the West of arming Ukraine and brain washing them to turn their backs to their roots and brothers (Russia) and bomb the fukk out of the capital.

That still wont work because that will only make other countries more involved and Ukranians will fight wieh even more fearlessness to avenge their martyrs.

Vlad lost his fukking mind and all bets are off when a dude with that much power is unhinged. I just hope he's stopped before he decides to fukk the rest of the world out of spite. I'd never thought he was someone capable of being so fukking stupid and crazy, but this week has shown that we can't assume he's not completely off the rails and anything can happen.

never back a wounded animal into a corner. I think the whole world is playing a dangerous game of "he ain't that crazy" :francis:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I wonder if US Intelligence told Shabazz to dip out, because maybe they heard something was in the works?

Breh US intelligence ain't risking jack shyt for the sake of Shabazz Napier, either they've released a general alert to Americans in Russia or he's just acting off of his own reading of the headlines.