Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
If Afghanistan had half the heart of the average Ukrainian citizen, the Taliban wouldn't have taken the country

The war fighting Afghanis have heart, which is why they were able to survive 2 decades of the strongest country militarily in the world invading and rumbling all over their sovereignty

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
These videos are practically the equivalent of Ukrainians taking off their belt and whipping russian soldiers like Sweet Pea in Baby Boy :deadrose:

Ukraine got an actor as President who styling on Putin who attacked his country with actors as Russians soldiers #bars :wow:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I have to preface by saying that I pay more attention to other parts of the world than I do eastern Europe/Russia. So there's likely tons of shyt going on that I know nothing about.

But my general feeling is that when Putin has Eastern European allies he sees them as a buffer to protect Russia from being bullied by the rest of the world. If Russia has 15-20 nations around it who only desire to kiss its ass at all times, then it can enter into favorable trade agreements, expand economically and militarily into local seas, and generally act like a$$holes even internally without having to worry as much about international pushback. But if all of Russia's intimidated "allies" are in NATO, and aren't feeling so intimidated anymore, and don't feel the need to kiss Russia's ass anymore, then suddenly Russia's freedom to act without consequences in its region becomes somewhat more limited.
We had a good discussion about the geopolitical situation of post USSR Russia days before the invasion, you missed it unfortunately. That was 50 pages ago :francis: