Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
By doing nothing we'll be okaying the annexation of other countries down the road

Do we really need Russia or a Russia controlled Ukraine bordering practically 4 new NATO countries?

All of the bs that went on with Trump he even got impeached for it....

I'm not saying we need to put boots on the ground put hanging Ukraine out to dry seems like a serious betrayal of them and shooting ourselves in the foot down the line if Russia maintains it's militaristic attitude

This is what I'm saying. If this is the new tone of Russia, then a showdown is coming sooner or later. It's just a matter of when. They're eventually going to push too far and do too much.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t have too much to add to this thread but it seems most people here are thinking similar thoughts as me.

I don’t understand what Putin’s endgame here is. Maybe he just severely overestimated how easy Ukraine would fall.

Even though he’s a dirtbag authoritarian, he usually presents and conducts himself in a measured way. He jumped out the window and went straight old European genocidal tyrant in that speech, threatening nukes then the invasion.

Maybe he feels he has some kind of ace in the hole with China and India.
India needs to fall back. They really aren't ready for this level of conflict.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was a simple underestimation in my opinion. He gambled, true, but he thought it was more of a sure thing than a gamble.

He truly didn't anticipate taking losses like this. He probably thought this was his shock and awe moment, and that Russia would win this first barrage decisively, much like the US did in Iraq in 2003.

He didn't expect to get embarrassed on the world stage. As I said, I believe his support back home is crumbling.

This is why I think it's important that NATO gets involved. Russians are split enough where I have to believe that some of them would support a NATO defense of Ukraine, because they know that Putin is wrong on this. And I believe that his support is split enough to the point where no one would let him get a nuke in the air.

In fact, I think that if NATO gets involved, Russia retreats rather than have a prolonged fight with our troops.
You are trusting Putin's inner circle to put a bullet in his head rather than go to war?

You have great trust. I am still of the opinion Putin is off his rocker, and he will probably let a few nukes fly.

Daps
But she was voted in democratically, so who's really to blame?

Nothing changes until America speaks with one voice to silence these kinds of people.

To be frank, as an outsider, it appears that there is a fair amount of blame to be apportioned to a variety of quarters.

You are entirely correct though. A resounding voice spoken by the collective is the only way to consign her, her general levels of c*ntery, and her QOP bedfellows, to the dustbin of history.

I have a special level of venom toward her, and will laugh heartily & loudly when death visits her.

Daps
You are trusting Putin's inner circle to put a bullet in his head rather than go to war?

You have great trust. I am still of the opinion Putin is off his rocker, and he will probably let a few nukes fly.

I think that in a potential WW3 situation, no nukes fly because I believe it would end before it even got remotely close to that point. I think everybody backs down.

I know that I'm placing my faith in a bunch of nuclear powered world leaders, but I truly believe that the most WW3 would be is a bunch of skirmishes that dont amount to a full scale war.

Nobody wants the earth turned into a nuclear wasteland. Not the US, not Russia, not even Kim Jong Un wants that.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I fear Putin will unleash the missiles on Kyiv
Don't think he has a choice at this stage. He is screwed either way.

An analogy, this is like the first US dream team scrimmage with the Bobby hurley, Webber and Mashburn team.

You get exposed now you have step it up a notch.

For putin that notch is destroying a city and massacring people large scale.

That TOTALLY detaches Russia from the international stage.

Russians are going to watch their relatives in the Ukraine get murdered by their leader.

He becomes even more isolated at home.

He has no good choices. This is why I think the fact he did this to begin with, shows he is mentally unstable.

Daps
Don't think he has a choice at this stage. He is screwed either way.

An analogy, this is like the first US dream team scrimmage with the Bobby hurley, Webber and Mashburn team.

You get exposed now you have step it up a notch.

For putin that notch is destroying a city and massacring people large scale.

That TOTALLY detaches Russia from the international stage.

Russians are going to watch their relatives in the Ukraine get murdered by their leader.

He becomes even more isolated at home.

He has no good choices. This is why I think the fact he did this to begin with, shows he is mentally unstable.

I see what you're saying but I disagree. I believe he's in this current position not because he's mentally unstable but because the US intelligence backed him into a corner and he literally has no way out.

Think about it. If the US doesn't expose his false flag operations, he still invades Ukraine but this time he has the support of his people. After all, "they killed a bunch of Russian soldiers. They struck first possibly at the behest of NATO."

He has the full throttle support of China, Kazakhstan and a lot of other nations because he's not the aggressor. He's responding to an attack on Russians. This means he's not isolated on the world stage. It means he's not isolated domestically.

If he made these same exact moves that he's made this week, but WITHOUT the US intelligence being released beforehand, he doesn't look mentally unstable. He looks like a completely rational leader that is simply defending his nation.

When he threatens nuclear action if any other nation gets involved, it seems like overkill but he has justification. They attacked Russia. He's only defending his nation.

The US intelligence being released in real time did more damage to Russia than we realize, and I believe that will be examined for decades to come.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Come on fam, we did the same thing with Kosovo. No?

That’s why I can never back any U.S/West foreign positions. It’s almost always hypocritical.

:mindblown:

:why:

You took issue with Kosovo? Why? Before we go any further on this one.