Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Some will land some areas will get wiped out.

Problem is Russia will have it's nukes going and the rest of the West will respond.

Not just the US.
France has nukes
The UK has nukes

Russia actually has the most nukes but I can see it getting wiped off the earth.

The US would unleash hell

And some U.S. city will get hit with a nuke :huhldup:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Clashes in Kyiv

full

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
NATO isn't getting involved. They are going to bomb Kiev and then go back. The Russians aren't going willingly into street warfare, they'll let the bombs do the talking.

You think they'll pull a Grozny in 2022 with the whole world watching?

:ehh:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I think FOX has overplayed their hands too. What's happening in Ukraine right now is gonna have a direct affect on some things domestically in the U.S.

I know, I know, y'all think I'm going crazy like Nap, and maybe I am, but I feel very strongly about this.
I don’t have too much to add to this thread but it seems most people here are thinking similar thoughts as me.

I don’t understand what Putin’s endgame here is. Maybe he just severely overestimated how easy Ukraine would fall.

Even though he’s a dirtbag authoritarian, he usually presents and conducts himself in a measured way. He jumped out the window and went straight old European genocidal tyrant in that speech, threatening nukes then the invasion.

Maybe he feels he has some kind of ace in the hole with China and India.

Daps
I don’t have too much to add to this thread but it seems most people here are thinking similar thoughts as me.

I don’t understand what Putin’s endgame here is. Maybe he just severely overestimated how easy Ukraine would fall.

Even though he’s a dirtbag authoritarian, he usually presents and conducts himself in a measured way. He jumped out the window and went straight old European genocidal tyrant in that speech, threatening nukes then the invasion.

It was a simple underestimation in my opinion. He gambled, true, but he thought it was more of a sure thing than a gamble.

He truly didn't anticipate taking losses like this. He probably thought this was his shock and awe moment, and that Russia would win this first barrage decisively, much like the US did in Iraq in 2003.

He didn't expect to get embarrassed on the world stage. As I said, I believe his support back home is crumbling.

This is why I think it's important that NATO gets involved. Russians are split enough where I have to believe that some of them would support a NATO defense of Ukraine, because they know that Putin is wrong on this. And I believe that his support is split enough to the point where no one would let him get a nuke in the air.

In fact, I think that if NATO gets involved, Russia retreats rather than have a prolonged fight with our troops.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I no longer think humanity would be sacrificed. There's enough dissension in the Russian government that I don't believe a nuke will get off.

We're going to have to get involved in the war in Europe eventually. I believe we need to do it now.

I feel bad for the Ukrainian people. I truly do. But Ukraine is not even close to a security interest for us.

Sad as it is, we have little to no leverage leverage against the second most powerful nuclear power on this matter.

I would point to the Monroe doctrine on how we would deal with incursions on the Western Hemisphere.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’d like to hear a convincing argument. :yeshrug:

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
tried to tell people in TLR... they of course accused me of being Pro-American Military but nobody has the air capabilities of the United States. Nobody has seen or wants to see the U.S. in a full scale military operation where the Air Force is used at full capacity..

Daps
I feel bad for the Ukrainian people. I truly do. But Ukraine is not even close to a security interest for us.

Sad as it is, we have little to no leverage leverage against the second most powerful nuclear power on this matter.

I would point to the Monroe doctrine on how we would deal with incursions on the Western Hemisphere.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’d like to hear a convincing argument. :yeshrug:

Russia isn't going to stop. I now agree that Putin is trying to restore the Soviet Union. We're going to have a clash eventually. This is the best time to do it, they're off kilter from the losses they're taking in Ukraine, and Putin's support is eroding at home.

It's just a matter of geopolitical calculation. And it's risky, I'm not saying it isn't. But I am saying that it's going to happen one day regardless.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

Suicide by NATO?

Maybe he was trying to draw NATO into being the aggressor he accused them to be. Killing a bunch of barely equipped soldiers.

I don’t get it. How could a country with that much oil run out of gas for tanks?