Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Imma just say it. Putin is bluffing about the nukes. No way he triggers the end of the world over freakin Ukraine.
:lupe: so I was reading up on nukes the other day and there are low radiation yield nukes, so you kill a bunch of people with little radiation fallout

:lupe: if he uses one of those in Ukraine what happens next

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I mean sure we can talk about the Orthodox split and its significance

Russia flew in Chechens to massacre the Ukrainians. How does that wash?
and? It’s the same as republicans platforming black republicans for cynical reasons.
There’s crimean tatars! and we all know Putin uses chechens to keep control in the region. Russia is diverse as hell but there’s obviously regional puppets.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It's weird seeing India dikkride Russia when China tries to do the same shyt to them every year on the boarder.
I’ll give India some slack. Russia is more their neighbor and Pakistan is definitely trying to be friends with Putin so they gotta make sure he stays neutral in conflict.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
So I got a question. This shyt might be a stupid question.. but Ima ask it anyway.

Lets say shyt hits the fan, and Russia moves into... i dont know.. Poland. They're obviously part of NATO and that would start a full fledged war. Then Russia decides to get them nukes flying.. (here comes the possible dumbass question) ... dont we have the missile defenses to intercept them? I get that if it blows.. its got a radius of up to 1000 miles.. but from a quick google search.. Russia's over 5500 miles away from us. Obviously most of Europe would be toast.. but I'm speaking America here. Does anyone know?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I’ll give India some slack. Russia is more their neighbor and Pakistan is definitely trying to be friends with Putin so they gotta make sure he stays neutral in conflict.

They're a between a rock and hard place with Pakistan and China... I think they make most of their own weapons now not sure what their exports look like

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So I got a question. This shyt might be a stupid question.. but Ima ask it anyway.

Lets say shyt hits the fan, and Russia moves into... i dont know.. Poland. They're obviously part of NATO and that would start a full fledged war. Then Russia decides to get them nukes flying.. (here comes the possible dumbass question) ... dont we have the missile defenses to intercept them? I get that if it blows.. its got a radius of up to 1000 miles.. but from a quick google search.. Russia's over 5500 miles away from us. Obviously most of Europe would be toast.. but I'm speaking America here. Does anyone know?
Not really. Pretty difficult to shoot down a missile coming in at Mach 20 from the edge of the atmosphere. :ld:

At that point, its over.

EDIT: Not to mention they can carry multiple warheads. Humans are absolute idiots.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
They're a between a rock and hard place with Pakistan and China... I think they make most of their own weapons now not sure what their exports look like

India has been buying Russian military hardware and they do trade. India is already plotting to side step the sanctions just like they were doing with Iran by using Rupee only accounts:

India explores setting up rupee trade accounts with Russia to soften sanctions blow - sources

MUMBAI, Feb 25 (Reuters) - India is exploring ways to set up a rupee payment mechanism for trade with Russia to soften the blow on New Delhi of Western sanctions imposed on Russia after its invasion of Ukraine, government and banking sources said.

Indian officials are concerned that vital supplies of fertilizer from Russia could be disrupted as sanctions intensify, threatening India's vast farm sector.

India has called for an end to violence in Ukraine but refrained from outright condemnation of Russia, with which it has long-standing political and security ties.

Russia invaded Ukraine by land, air and sea on Thursday in the biggest attack on a European state since World War Two, prompting tens of thousands of people to flee their homes.

Russian forces pressed their advance on Friday and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy pleaded with the international community to do more, saying sanctions announced so far were not enough. read more

Officials said the plan was to get Russian banks and companies to open accounts with a few state-run banks in India for trade settlement, a banking source involved in the discussions said.

"This is a proactive move assuming that the conflict escalates and there could be a slew of sanctions in place," the source said.

"In this case we would not be able to settle the transaction in dollars and so an arrangement has been proposed to set up a rupee account, which is being considered."

Funds in such accounts act as a guarantee of payment for trade exchanged between two countries, while the parties barter commodities from each other to offset the sum, the source said.

A similar arrangement, in which part of the settlement with Russia is in foreign currency and rest is through local rupee accounts, was also being explored, said the banking and the government source.

Such mechanisms are often used by countries to shield themselves from the blow of sanctions and India also used it with Iran after it came under Western sanctions for its nuclear weapons programme, the source said.

The programme was introduced in 2012 and worked well for several years.

The discussions on Russia were still at an early stage and formal talks had not yet begun between the two sides, an Indian government official said.

EU leaders agreed on Thursday to impose new economic sanctions on Russia, joining the United States and Britain in trying to punish Russian President Vladimir Putin and his allies for the attack. read more

The sanctions impede Russia's ability to do business in major currencies and target individual banks and state-owned enterprises.

The finance ministry did not immediately respond to a request seeking comment. None of the sources wanted to be identified as the discussions are private.

Russia's exports to India stood at $6.9 billion in 2021, mainly mineral oils, fertilisers and rough diamonds, while India exported $3.33 billion worth of goods to Russia in 2021, mainly pharmaceutical products, tea and coffee.

Russia and Belarus usually account for nearly a third of India's total potash imports. It would not be feasible to replace them amid a rally in fertilizer prices to a record high, a senior industry official told Reuters.

New Delhi is also holding a meeting with fertilizer industry officials on Friday to explore ways to secure supplies from Russia and Belarus, said a senior fertilizer industry official, who declined to be identified.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Some will land some areas will get wiped out.

Problem is Russia will have it's nukes going and the rest of the West will respond.

Not just the US.
France has nukes
The UK has nukes

Russia actually has the most nukes but I can see it getting wiped off the earth.

The US would unleash hell