Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FMdi8EEWUAwjicy

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I got a question. This shyt might be a stupid question.. but Ima ask it anyway.

Lets say shyt hits the fan, and Russia moves into... i dont know.. Poland. They're obviously part of NATO and that would start a full fledged war. Then Russia decides to get them nukes flying.. (here comes the possible dumbass question) ... dont we have the missile defenses to intercept them? I get that if it blows.. its got a radius of up to 1000 miles.. but from a quick google search.. Russia's over 5500 miles away from us. Obviously most of Europe would be toast.. but I'm speaking America here. Does anyone know?

Hard to say. Based on what we know now, we wouldnt be able to intercept all of them. However, the US is very secretive on its defense and military capabilities, oftentimes we have things that are 20-30 years advanced of the top technologies of the present day. So, who knows?

the only way we’d ever find out our true military capability is in a doomsday scenario

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Not really. Pretty difficult to shoot down a missile coming in at Mach 20 from the edge of the atmosphere. :ld:

At that point, its over.

EDIT: Not to mention they can carry multiple warheads. Humans are absolute idiots.
You do know US got satellites with lasers on them right?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If this thing escalates what type of new weaponry do you guys think the US will employ? I've talked to a few people with connects and supposedly we're in possession of some pretty advanced tech.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You do know US got satellites with lasers on them right?
We're not there yet. I think a few years back the Pentagon said they wanted to develop the tech but we're far away from that working with any type of reliability. We spent billions on the Airborne Laser(gigantic laser mounted to the nose of a 747) designed to shoot down ballistic missiles without success.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Hard to say. Based on what we know now, we wouldnt be able to intercept all of them. However, the US is very secretive on its defense and military capabilities, oftentimes we have things that are 20-30 years advanced of the top technologies of the present day. So, who knows?

the only way we’d ever find out our true military capability is in a doomsday scenario

If this thing escalates what type of new weaponry do you guys think the US will employ? I've talked to a few people with connects and supposedly we're in possession of some pretty advanced tech.

Yea this was mainly why I was asking. You would think that 765 billion dollars to the military every single year provides shyt that you and i have never even thought of.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yea this was mainly why I was asking. You would think that 765 billion dollars to the military every single year provides shyt that you and i have never even thought of.
They do, but shooting down ballistic missiles isn't one of them. We have THAAD but its accuracy is spotty at best.

If we knew we could shoot down ballistic missiles reliably, we'd have the entire coast of Japan loaded with those systems.