Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
How does Ukraine not just go “fukk it” and send “Partisans” to cross the lines over into Russia now? There’s nobody back there. Escalation? Sure. But you’re fighting for your life anyway. This is too much of a shyt show.

Probably shouldn't go into Russia with American weapons, breh.

Facts are, if the US wasn't holding the leash on Ukraine, they would have tried to attack Russia proper by now. But that would be a bridge too far for the US government.

The US machine can argue that Putin's aggression in Ukraine made it necessary for the US to send weapons and aid to the Ukrainian people.

The second the Ukrainians step foot into Russia with American weapons, they are essentially legitimizing Putins claim that the US is behind this whole thing and wants regime change in Russia.

Then we will be in new and uncharted territory that no one wants to be in.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Probably shouldn't go into Russia with American weapons, breh.

Facts are, if the US wasn't holding the leash on Ukraine, they would have tried to attack Russia proper by now. But that would be a bridge too far for the US government.

The US machine can argue that Putin's aggression in Ukraine made it necessary for the US to send weapons and aid to the Ukrainian people.

The second the Ukrainians step foot into Russia with American weapons, they are essentially legitimizing Putins claim that the US is behind this whole thing and wants regime change in Russia.

:takedat:

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
It’s essentially a mob state blended with old mongol and Roman culture. There isn’t too much to figure out, they pretty much show us who they are.

Most of what they say in public is meant for their own people. They are just as stupid as we think they are.

People have just been listening to them, and watching the facade; that made us overestimate them in the past.
Interesting point.

I would be thinking in the back of my mind “Can Russia even do anything about it?” They clearly don’t have their own house in order, but you’re probably right - best not to test that and just let it implode under its own weight. I am worried about what transpires after that though.

Last edited:
Daps

cDWYbi.gif

Daps
Interesting point.

I would be thinking in the back of my mind “Can Russia even do anything about it?” They clearly don’t have their own house in order, but you’re probably right - best not to test that and just let it implode under its own weight. I am worried about what transpires after that though.

My opinion being a civilian in the US who at least tries to pay attention and study and be aware of geopolitics is...

Man, let Russia collapse under is own weight.

Folks keep talking about some boogeyman coming after Putin, but guess what?

Putin been out here invading nations and talking reckless for the past almost year and a half threatening to let nukes fly. How much worse can it get?

He is acting as if his finger is hovering over the launch button at all times. Might as well get him out the way and let somebody else have it. It won't get much worse than it already is.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Ehhh.... I dunno aboot that.
Dictatorships that aren’t family based usually fall cause the next in line is usually a fight for power from rival factions or internal issues.

look at what happened with Hugo Chavez and his anointed successor.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
He's a dictator compared to America but Russia does have an existing somewhat democratic system. Putin just doesn't follow it. Putin isn't a dictator in the way that Bashar Al Assad of Syria is or King Salman of Saudi Arabia.

Those dictatorships follow the father to son succession. Or in Saudi Arabia's case, brother to brother. Salman's successor MBS will be the first time the crown has passed to a son since the original King Ibn Saud passed it to his son.

My point being, once Putin is dead, nobody is expecting his children to take over.
He’s a dictator because he doesn’t allow his system to work as it should. Like Iran chooses who is on the ballot so people don’t even vote.

The King of Jordan, North Korea or MBS aren’t pretending people have a choice. They are just rulers. I wouldn’t call them dictators. Just good or bad rulers.

We all saw how chaotic Russia became after the fall, it’s not an easy country to rule. With the state Putin is going to leave it in, the choices about how to engage the West and Ukraine are going to put challenges on a majorly uneven footing.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
There’s nothing to suggest he wasn’t a Putin loyalist. Maybe I’m wrong but he’s consistently attacked the MOD for its handling of the war and not Putin.

Civil Wars are usually started by people who either want out of the ruling government’s control or install themselves. Neither fits what this dude was talking about. He still wants to fight in Ukraine. He didn’t say anything is wrong with the country. He just hated a handful of people.

I don’t think he wanted anyone else so marching into Moscow would effectively neuter Putin against his wishes. Holding that base at Rostov hostage would have effectively destroyed Russia’s war and could have gotten him what he wanted.

My assumption is once he realized Putin wasn’t going to hand over his MOD, he no longer had the stomach to actually attack Putin.

Exactly, the description of this as a coup is premature.

Prigozhin owes most of his personal wealth to Putin and, up till now, has gone out of his way not to badmouth Putin.

What we know is that he has beef with some people in the Russian military. There is no strong evidence that this particular attempt was intended to overthrow Putin.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Exactly, the description of this as a coup is premature.

Prigozhin owes most of his personal wealth to Putin and, up till now, has gone out of his way not to badmouth Putin.

What we know is that he has beef with some people in the Russian military. There is no strong evidence that this particular attempt was intended to overthrow Putin.

Well some of his people certainly felt that it was a march for Putin, declaring there will be a new Supreme Commander on twitter.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I wonder how much political blowback Putin could have observed if he was such a bytch and stayed in Moscow, even so much as having a speech to the nation in a bunker in Moscow surrounded by hardcoe FSB security.

For a guy who mastered the peak masculinity optics for white males, he was extremely poor at constructing this one.

Id be shocked if more armed groups dont attempt to grapple for the Kremlin

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The fact that out of all the parties involved, that fool Lukashenko comes out of this looking like the big dawg has me :laff:

He is the only winner in this whole Russia coup situation so far. This is insane.

Dude just raised his standing over 9000 in one day :laff:

Lukashenko just paying Putin back for saving him in August 2020.

I've also read that this wasn't a coup by Prigozhin. This is an inner war between the St Petersburg gang of Putin and the Moscow gang of Gerasimov and Shoigu.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps