Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Can someone give me a brief on what happened in the last 5-6 hours?

I was away and wasn’t paying attention but I heard Wagner folded and retreated?

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
  1. Russia offers military roles to Wagner fighters​

We've just heard from Dmitry Peskov, President Putin's press secretary.
    Peskov says Wagner mercenaries who wish to sign a Ministry of Defence contract can, and fighters who took part today's uprising will not be prosecuted.
    Article share tools

• View more share options
      • Copy this link
      • Read more about these links.
  2. Posted at 20:5820:58

BREAKINGWagner boss to leave for Belarus and charges to be dropped - state media​

Russian state media have just reported that Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin will leave for Belarus.
    The reports say charges against him and his Wagner forces will be dropped by Russian authorities to avoid "bloodshed

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
Can someone give me a brief on what happened in the last 5-6 hours?

I was away and wasn’t paying attention but I heard Wagner folded and retreated?

Summary
The head of the Wagner group will leave for Belarus and charges against his mercenaries will be dropped following their rebellion, Russian state media says
Yevgeny Prigozhin told his forces to return to their bases earlier to "avoid bloodshed" after negotiations with Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko
Prigozhin had called for a rebellion against the Russian army, and his group took control of the Russian city of Rostov-on-Don before advancing on Moscow
President Vladimir Putin decried Prigozhin's call for a rebellion as a "betrayal" and "treason" in a TV speech, promising to punish rebels
Security was tightened in Moscow, and the mayor told residents to avoid travelling. All mass outdoor events have been cancelled until 1 July

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
  1. Russia offers military roles to Wagner fighters​

We've just heard from Dmitry Peskov, President Putin's press secretary.
    Peskov says Wagner mercenaries who wish to sign a Ministry of Defence contract can, and fighters who took part today's uprising will not be prosecuted.
    Article share tools

• View more share options
      • Copy this link
      • Read more about these links.
  2. Posted at 20:5820:58

BREAKINGWagner boss to leave for Belarus and charges to be dropped - state media​

Russian state media have just reported that Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin will leave for Belarus.
    The reports say charges against him and his Wagner forces will be dropped by Russian authorities to avoid "bloodshed

Exile... St. Helena 2.0

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Summary
The head of the Wagner group will leave for Belarus and charges against his mercenaries will be dropped following their rebellion, Russian state media says
Yevgeny Prigozhin told his forces to return to their bases earlier to "avoid bloodshed" after negotiations with Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko
Prigozhin had called for a rebellion against the Russian army, and his group took control of the Russian city of Rostov-on-Don before advancing on Moscow
President Vladimir Putin decried Prigozhin's call for a rebellion as a "betrayal" and "treason" in a TV speech, promising to punish rebels
Security was tightened in Moscow, and the mayor told residents to avoid travelling. All mass outdoor events have been cancelled until 1 July
So what happens to Wagner troops now, do they go back fighting in Ukraine or what?

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
wait so what happens to the generals Prig was saying need to go ? they staying ? :heh:

I wonder if it was all a diversion or something lol
Will probably always be speculation given how these dudes operate. Hell, it’s possible it was a loyalty test all along…it’s possible Putin gave this dude a bigger cut to back down. We’ll likely never know.

What I do know is that this dude didn’t suddenly realize a military coup would cost lives and change his mind after already committing.

Daps
I think everyone is just incompetent, maybe. Putin has failed at prepping for or prosecuting the war, Prig started a mutiny that he wasn't prepared to finish and is now exiled to Belarus where he will be drinking a polonium cocktail soon enough, a bunch of Wagner mercs are going to be enlisted anyway.

Russia is a failed country and always has been. They'll never get right. And they don't have any excuses either. There's not a history of colonization or apartheid/segregation from outside forces like there are across Africa, Asia, and the Americas. It's just a total zero of a country with zero leadership. Bigger, colder North Korea with more nukes.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I'm sure that Russia would've rather made such a move quietly but with all eyes on them, inevitably people are gonna ask "What is Wagner doing in Africa?"
Wagner is in Africa because the troops in their ranks are retired Russian special forces. That’s where their best of the best go after retirement. Wagner is pretty much used as Russia’s international troops. Without them Putin is up shyt’s creek.