Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Vεnεficα

All Star
Daps
:russ: Somewhere Nap is screaming from the Bushes seeing this in real time.

alien-covenant-let-me-out.gif
I was wondering what happened to him, he would have been spamming tweets and articles non-stop. :pachaha:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
This is moving fast.

:ohhh:
The people who Putin chose, elevated, and separated from the larger Russian military specifically to act for his own self-interest are the ones that are shooting their way to Moscow.

It was supposed to be the General Russian army along with the people that revolted against him, and Wagner would put them down.

Wagner are Putin's Watchmen. He never imagined he would need someone who watches the Watchmen.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Russia’s foreign ministry said in a statement on Saturday that it warned western countries against using the Wagner mercenary group’s mutiny “to achieve their Russophobic goals”, Reuters reports.
The ministry’s social media channels remain active. On Twitter, it recently shared a post by Belarus’s ministry of foreign affairs which stated its support of Russia and called the war in Ukraine a “battle for the future of the Slavic world”.
“We cannot remain aloof from the events happening in the south of Russia,” the post said.
The Russian foreign ministry also shared a video from the Russian embassy in London showing the ambassador, Andrei Kelin, discussing frozen assets in the UK.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Here is a summary of the events so far:​

• According to Ukrainian news agencies, Kyiv has liberated territories near the city of Krasnohorivka in Donetsk region, which have been occupied by pro-Russia separatists since 2014, during the Wagner mutiny in Russia.
  • The governor of Russia’s Lipetsk province says the Wagner mercenary group has entered the region, AP reports. The Lipetsk region is about 360km (225 miles) south of Moscow and much closer to the capital than Rostov-on-Don, where Wagner forces appeared during the night.
  • There have been numerous reports that Vladimir Putin’s presidential plane took off from Moscow’s Vnukovo airport at 2.16pm local time (1216 BST) and then headed north-west. It has not been possible to confirm whether Putin was on the plane and his spokesperson, Dmitry Peskov, has told the Tass news agency the president is “working in the Kremlin”.
  • Large amounts of cash were found during a raid on Prigozhin’s office, he has reportedly confirmed. Russian media had reported that money was found at the St Petersburg address, something Prigozhin has now confirmed, according to Reuters.
  • The UK government will hold an emergency Cobra meeting to discuss the situation in Russia, Reuters reports.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Of course, but let's be clear. After this weekend, Russia as you know it is probably finished. Time for a new iteration. Either one that is humble and acquiesces to the West, or a Russia that goes back to USSR isolation.

"Probably" is strong words. No one knows where this is going to go.

:russ: Somewhere Nap is screaming from the Bushes seeing this in real time.

alien-covenant-let-me-out.gif

I was wondering what happened to him, he would have been spamming tweets and articles non-stop. :pachaha:

This would be so insufferable and impossible to read.

I wonder where he makes money when not here.