Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
by the looks of it, they have strong nationalism and a high tolerance for fear and death shared by the population as a whole, as evidenced by the civilian defense forces and high participation from women as grunts
Sure, in the border regions. We talking about the whole country and the official Russian army now, though. Different ballgame.

Daps
if you were born in the U.S....
...your ass is an American wether you know it or not

Once you leave these borders nobody cares what your politics are...what race you are, etc...
...youre an American first to them

Same as growing up in these streets...
...you can claim neutron all day long...but to the folks on the next block youre with whatever set you grew up around

This is true but I understand where breh is coming from. I grew up in a very militant family and I never considered America to be my country when I was growing up. I don't feel as strongly today, as my family and everyone I love is here, but I'm still torn. I alternate between feeling like it's mine on some days and feeling like it's not on other days.

Mr.Plan B

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you were born in the U.S....
...your ass is an American wether you know it or not

Once you leave these borders nobody cares what your politics are...what race you are, etc...
...youre an American first to them

Same as growing up in these streets...
...you can claim neutron all day long...but to the folks on the next block youre with whatever set you grew up around

Read up on this :camby:
The Official Website of the Moorish Science Temple of America

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Putin believes in that. I don't think the Russian populace does.
But that's the catch-22 with Putin's statements about Ukraine not being a "real country". Ukraine is not one of the ethnic states. Russians and Ukranians largely view each other as kindred. A feeling of Russian nationalism does not equate with a desire to kill Ukranians. It would be much, much easier to get Russians to buy into killing some other ethnics on behalf of Ukranians.

These are people who would be coexisting amicably if not for the governments involved. That's why there's real doubt as to how long Russia can really go at this. It doesn't make any sense to anyone who isn't deeply learned on the nuances of geopolitics.

For most, they're attacking a friendly country of people who look like them for no real reason.
Putin's weird...cause theres a lot of evidence he ain't even that religious but he's using that for his own aims.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People were not having intellectual debates about Hitler’s motivations in the middle of World War II while he was roasting millions of Jews for dinner. The time for intellectual debate is a luxury reserved for after the conflict is over. You think slaves and freedom fighters like John Brown and Harriet Tubman were thinking about the rationale of the Confederates? Hell nah.

Im losing track of what the argument is anymore. Is it that no one should try to comment or analyze the war, aside from voicing their opposition to it?

If you must make direct analogies to World War 2, this would be like suggesting there was an immediate consensus on a military response to Hitler that emerged in a vacuum. That was obviously not the case and emerged from developments years into the war.

There were vigorous debates in and among many key players in World War 2 regarding Hitlers motivations, the appropriate response etc.

For an American example:

The Debate Behind U.S. Intervention in World War II

There is an element of analyzing motivation, rationale, and most likely moves in every Governments response to an adversary.