Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
true
iirc Kiev was russian capital for more years than Moscow has

if russians werent so afraid of putin and police, there'd be more protests, especially in big cities
The fact that there was even any protests the very morning shyt popped off is a horrible sign. Russians take more losses when it devolves into urban warfare and it'll pile up quick

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
People were not having intellectual debates about Hitler’s motivations in the middle of World War II while he was roasting millions of Jews for dinner. The time for intellectual debate is a luxury reserved for after the conflict is over. You think slaves and freedom fighters like John Brown and Harriet Tubman were thinking about the rationale of the Confederates? Hell nah.

Of course people fighting on the ground in any conflict wont be having those debates, let alone while fukking war is going on around them. They will have very strong reasons to, years later, argue that "you had to be there to understand" as a discussion ender to any explanation or nuance being given in those luxury intellectual debates (which, again, makes total sense).

If people had internet connection and could talk to each other as easily as we can today, then you for sure would've had germans talking about what happened to them after WW1 and how a scenario were someone like Hitler could take control and open the door for the coming atrocities could happen.

HL has a bunch of threads about war and the only time I see people putting their hands up when nuanced discussions happen is when US interests are involved. As someone that's from south america, I'm all for reading and having a better understanding of these fukked up situations we are seeing :yeshrug:

Last edited:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
I just feel like that assumes too much about Ukrainians. Complex culture over there…hard to say if they’re up for a prolonged resistance.
by the looks of it, they have strong nationalism and a high tolerance for fear and death shared by the population as a whole, as evidenced by the civilian defense forces and high participation from women as grunts

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The fact that there was even any protests the very morning shyt popped off is a horrible sign. Russians take more losses when it devolves into urban warfare and it'll pile up quick

Yeah, at this pace, how long into guerrilla warfare would the russian people say enough and fukk everything up for Putin inside his own country?

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
the problem is stabilizing it. he doesnt have enough troops for that. this is why his actions are so confusing.

Neither does he have enough trained soldiers. The soldiers being told off by grandma. Their soldiers surrendering. Their planes are getting shot down. Battles at the airport. Literally they have been running drills for the past month and still struggling to get a major stronghold.

Also, its sounding like he didn’t fully prepare or consult others. A tweet said that some oligarchs thought he was going to take the rebel region.

Why would any Russian actively fight when your country is publicly trying to hide your death?

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Yeah, at this pace, how long into guerrilla warfare would the russian people say enough and fukk everything up for Putin inside his own country?
This is what I don't get.

He clearly romanticizes the Romanovs but thinks that what happened to them, overrun by home front desperate to get out of a war they didn't want to be in, won't happen to him :gucci:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Neither does he have enough trained soldiers. The soldiers being told off by grandma. Their soldiers surrendering. Their planes are getting shot down. Battles at the airport. Literally they have been running drills for the past month and still struggling to get a major stronghold.

Also, its sounding like he didn’t fully prepare or consult others. A tweet said that some oligarchs thought he was going to take the rebel region.

Which makes me wonder if he gives a fukk about survival. There is no exit strategy that doesn't end in humiliation if this is protracted.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

at best for him, i think he will fall back to the eastern region and claim that as a victory. they actually might be able to keep those parts. not worth much, though.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
This is what I don't get.

He clearly romanticizes the Romanovs but thinks that what happened to them, overrun by home front desperate to get out of a war they didn't want to be in, won't happen to him :gucci:
putin is delusional

he has a generation that is growing up in big cities with internet, not giving a fukk about him. I bet he thought the war would rally the people and give him ratings, but there's a difference from protecting your country and going at another country