Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
If Ukraine was trying to take Russian land I’d agree. This basically comes down to starving supply lines for Russia.

Ukraine doesn’t gain much by Dresdening its own cities with air power.
dresden is not emblematic of modern warfare either. russia's use of long range missiles to damage infrastructure with no risk is the kind of modernity im talking about. if something doesnt change, the one-sidedness may become a more serious problem for ukraine.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
dresden is not emblematic of modern warfare either. russia's use of long range missiles to damage infrastructure with no risk is the kind of modernity im talking about. if something doesnt change, the one-sidedness may become a more serious problem for ukraine.
Ukraine doesn’t want Russia. That’s not going to change. Ukraine would lose support if they did.

Ukraine’s infrastructure will be rebuilt. That’s not a question. Keeping it in tact and saving lives is their main priority.

Air power isn’t the major factor in this war except to soften targets. It’s going to be won by holding the land with soldiers and starving out Russian lines.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor reportedly wrote in his diary, “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

Putin knew damn well that this giant was not sleeping and still decided to fukk around. The Giant pointed directly at Putin and said "Yo, I see you." and Putin still decided to fukk around. If the US gets to the point of "terrible resolve" in this conflict...
helmet

My mind goes back to the beginning of the war with that 40 mile long traffic jam and what 10 warthogs could've done to that. shyt, if Ukraine had HIMARS then it would have been silly.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
talking about population in a modern war just seems off. china and india should wash america then.
Good point.

ukraine doesnt seem to have a strong air presence. hard to say they are fully emblematic of what "modern" war is.
Neither does Russia. This war is weird like that.

if something doesnt change, the one-sidedness may become a more serious problem for ukraine.
This war has been nothing but change on just about every level. Drones and a return to trenches. Who saw this coming 10 years ago? International response is completely out of the norm and accelerating. There will be more change to come.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Ukraine doesn’t want Russia. That’s not going to change. Ukraine would lose support if they did.

Ukraine’s infrastructure will be rebuilt. That’s not a question. Keeping it in tact and saving lives is their main priority.

Air power isn’t the major factor in this war except to soften targets. It’s going to be won by holding the land with soldiers and starving out Russian lines.
nobody is talking about taking russia. they do, however, claim they want to take land russia now occupies in the east. how that can possibly happen will probably either be with some dramatically increased weaponry from the west or just being willing to wait decades for russia to let it go for some political reason.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Neither does Russia. This war is weird like that.

This war has been nothing but change on just about every level. Drones and a return to trenches. Who saw this coming 10 years ago? International response is completely out of the norm and accelerating. There will be more change to come.
russia is a mix of old and modern. they continue to show oldschool disrespect for professional soldiering, but they havent actually tried a zerg rush yet. they fell back on relative technological advantage when their first strategy failed them. it wouldnt be enough against a modern force, but ukraine isnt really that, so it appears sustainable right now.

the drones are the most affordable aspect of modernity, but the trenches seem to be a symptom of air power not being very available. i dont think that would be the case in a truly modern war. i dont expect america or western europe to have to dig trenches in future conflicts.