Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

Well yeah they are retreating, I wasnt arguing that.

My point was about Crimea and I stand by it, they are not taking it in a couple of months unless Russia allows it (willingly or unwillingly).

Like you didnt even say how they were supposed to do it militarily lol.
- How do they cross the Dniepr without bridges ?
- With what NATO equipments ? Barges ? So they can be sitting ducks ?
- How do they reach Crimea while thousands of Ruskies are holding East of the river and building defenses ?
- How do they take Crimea in 2-3 months when it took them the same time to do 50km to Kherson outskirts without any major battles (there's like 300km from Kherson to Sevastopol) ?
- Why would Ukrainians risk going further without first be sure that Kherson is properly secured and free of traitors/undercover civs (Kherson fell the easiest and earliest because of that) ?

Does it appear to you that Ukraine has been moving recklessly the past few months ? Because I see the opposite, they moving slowly but surely in order to hold their gains so it makes no sense for them to move to Crimea now.

Russia has already lost the warand much more that that, we all know that and if that's no clear enough on my end, hopefully Putin dies soon and Russia retreat all the way to its own borders but let's stay realistic for a second.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
How do you say Dunkirk in Russian? :jbhmm:

I still don't understand why Russians don't destroy equipment, vehicles and ammo before they bounce. How long does it take to drop a grenade in a tank or set an ammo dump on fire? It's almost as if they don't understand that just because they can't see it anymore that it still exists and will be used against them. It's just so stupid.
I’ve heard this point a few times from a couple of sources, but the issue is a structural one. Russia's armored and artillery battalions operate independently without much light infantry support. So if a defensive line breaks down or they are ambushed there isn’t much for them to slow a rapid advancement. So they panic and don’t have the time to do anything but try and find a working vehicle or just run.

You like the infographics show it seems, they say as much too

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Well yeah they are retreating, I wasnt arguing that.

My point was about Crimea and I stand by it, they are not taking it in a couple of months unless Russia allows it (willingly or unwillingly).

Like you didnt even say how they were supposed to do it militarily lol.
- How do they cross the Dniepr without bridges ?
- With what NATO equipments ? Barges ? So they can be sitting ducks ?
- How do they reach Crimea while thousands of Ruskies are holding East of the river and building defenses ?
- How do they take Crimea in 2-3 months when it took them the same time to do 50km to Kherson outskirts without any major battles (there's like 300km from Kherson to Sevastopol) ?
- Why would Ukrainians risk going further without first be sure that Kherson is properly secured and free of traitors/undercover civs (Kherson fell the easiest and earliest because of that) ?

Does it appear to you that Ukraine has been moving recklessly the past few months ? Because I see the opposite, they moving slowly but surely in order to hold their gains so it makes no sense for them to move to Crimea now.

Russia has already lost the warand much more that that, we all know that and if that's no clear enough on my end, hopefully Putin dies soon and Russia retreat all the way to its own borders but let's stay realistic for a second.

You make some valid points.