Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Y'all gotta start questioning the pro-Russia information information you're seeing. And by pro-Russia, I mean stories about towns being taken and armies deserting and shyt.

That is absolutely not happening here. Ukraine is not going to roll over and for real logistical reasons, Russia is walking into a nightmare.

Russian forces will bleed for every inch they want to push into the Ukraine. They're hoping with shock and awe they can shake the tree and get the president to leave and destabilize the military.
These reports remind me of the US invading Afghanistan and Iraq.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I can't find any updated chart about this, only ones from 2014

eu_pipes.jpg

I hope in 2022, those values are lower but I dont think by that much. Now if after the current crisis, we dont dissociate ourselves from Russian gas, we'll be utter fools.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
There is no doubt Putin has weighed this and decided he can survive any economic hit. He will be shielded personally as will his inner circle. They’ll still get revenue from energy exports to Europe and rest of the world, and they’ll maintain trade links with China, Iran, Central Asia etc. This isn’t a recipe for prosperity but still high chance of survival.

We have plenty of examples to show severe financial sanctions often end up reinforcing hardliners (North Korea, Iran) This won’t end through economic penalties I don’t think, it’ll end when Russia feels they’ve achieved their political goals. Real question is what are their goals ?
Squeeze the oligarchs and make them flip