Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Y'all gotta start questioning the pro-Russia information information you're seeing. And by pro-Russia, I mean stories about towns being taken and armies deserting and shyt.

That is absolutely not happening here. Ukraine is not going to roll over and for real logistical reasons, Russia is walking into a nightmare.

Russian forces will bleed for every inch they want to push into the Ukraine. They're hoping with shock and awe they can shake the tree and get the president to leave and destabilize the military.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all gotta start questioning the pro-Russia information information you're seeing. And by pro-Russia, I mean stories about towns being taken and armies deserting and shyt.

That is absolutely not happening here. Ukraine is not going to roll over and for real logistical reasons, Russia is walking into a nightmare.

Russian forces will bleed for every inch they want to push into the Ukraine. They're hoping with shock and awe they can shake the tree and get the president to leave and destabilize the military.

Nah we gotta be careful of the opposite, fact us Ukraine is an infantry army with almost no air. Their only hope is to hole up in the cities and turn this into a grind. You cannot win in modern war without air power and with no long range artillery capability :francis:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Nah we gotta be careful of the opposite, fact us Ukraine is an infantry army with almost no air. Their only hope is to hike up in the cities and turn this into a grind. You cannot win in modern war without air power and with no long range artillery capability :francis:
That's kinda the point. They're not trying to win a war. A foreign power is trying to occupy their country. You can't occupy a country with just air power and long range artillery.

This is going to be a grind. And it's the last thing Russia wants. Cities full of men are enlisting in the Ukraine as we speak. The same ain't happening in Russia.

Russia needs this to be over quickly as the situation back home depends on it.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's kinda the point. They're not trying to win a war. A foreign power is trying to occupy their country. You can't occupy a country with just air power and long range artillery.

This is going to be a grind. And it's the last thing Russia wants.

Russia is not planning on occupation, their stated goal is destruction of ukraines fighting capacity and removal of current government. These goals are all achievable with their forces currently. They have already knocked out almost all the Ukrainian airfields using their long range missiles. Navy is gone too judging from the video i saw in Mariupol :francis:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Russia is not planning on occupation, their stated goal is destruction of ukraines fighting capacity and removal of current government. These goals are all achievable with their forces currently. They have already knocked out almost all the Ukrainian airfields using their long range missiles. Navy is gone too judging from the video i saw in Mariupol :francis:
Dog these things mean the same thing. If they remove Zelenski they're not just throwing up the deuce and going home. They're setting up a puppet government and the means to maintain. That is an occupation however you want to slice it.

The idea of a swift victory here is Russian fantasy.