Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
If you spend 20 years in a foreign country and the people you fought when it first started take it back over, as you leave you lost. Not learning from the previous invasions makes it worst.

Are we really pulling receipts from over a hundred years ago?

:mjlol::mjlol:
That’s a nation building L. Not a military one.

That’s like saying England losing a colony after 20 years is military L instead of a governing L by the occupiers.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
American got exactly what it needed from Afghanistan, it didn't lose shyt, it bounced as soon as It got what it came for, whether it was to Test weapons, enrich defence industry, benefits of war economy, radical restructuring of domestic security and legislation post 9/11, and intl relations etc etc

That shyt was a giant game, America was never serious about fighting the Taliban

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The US has a terrible track record at "winning" wars. Doesn't stop people from claiming it's the "best"

"Terrible" is hyperbole. The only losses that America has are the below:

1. War of 1812
  2. Vietnam War
  3. Afghanistan War
The War of 1812 was somewhat inconclusive...

The Vietnam War was a strategic catastrophe due to shytty tactics. America went in the with a "body count" strategy, which means that they would go after any Vietcong or NVA, wipe them out and move out of the area. Damn near immediately after, the location would be reclaimed by the North Vietnamese.

America slaughtered the Taliban quickly, then trained the Afghani military for close to 2 decades, and them nikkas folded within a week of the US' withdrawal:mjlol:.

I'm not even sure if I can call that a loss. If the country is a shythole with zero resources and a group takes back power after you've withdrawn most of your forces, is it really a loss? More like a giant waste of resources imo.

America has been on the winning side for every other war.

If you spend 20 years in a foreign country and the people you fought when it first started take it back over, as you leave you lost. Not learning from the previous invasions makes it worst.

Are we really pulling receipts from over a hundred years ago?

:mjlol::mjlol:

Afghan war was a humanitarian disaster but from the Pentagon's point of view it was a way to show the world that the U.S. could kick ass for longer than any historic global power in the nation that empires go to die and just walk away like "Later, Jack!" :smugbiden: Brush it off and then drop 20 billion in 8 months in a proxy war against Russia in Eastern Europe... :banderas: The U.S. war machine is on
Cant Stop Wont Stop GIFs | Tenor
24/7/365. For good or bad, it moves like no other military has ever been able to now or ever. Seeing Russian forces ape Western tactics is like watching kids play dress up. It's fukking so stupid whenever I hear "Russia ain't even really flexing like that yet." :beli: My guy, If the U.S. really really says "I had do it to 'em" @Unknown Poster and well, does it to 'em... it'll be a sight to behold. How many NATO states are there again? This is going to end with a huge rearrangement of the board.

America did not lose the Afghan war

That’s a nation building L. Not a military one.

That’s like saying England losing a colony after 20 years is military L instead of a governing L by the occupiers.

American got exactly what it needed from Afghanistan, it didn't lose shyt, it bounced as soon as It got what it came for, whether it was to Test weapons, enrich defence industry, benefits of war economy, radical restructuring of domestic security and legislation post 9/11, and intl relations etc etc

That shyt was a giant game, America was never serious about fighting the Taliban

This is what I mean when I say y'all treat war like sports. Sorry but there isn't any scoreboard, there's no bracket to advance out of, no one has a win-loss record and the "stats" are meaningless. And stanning a country's military is ridiculous.

What actually matters in war is who dies, who is maimed, who is psychologically scarred for life, who is displaced, who grows up without a father, who governs the nation afterwards and how they govern it, who stays occupied and how they occupy it, how the rule of law works out going forward, and what those nations continue to do in their next engagements. And none of that can be broken down so easily into sides and Ws and Ls. A ton of people lose in every war and very few people win.

For the W-L folk, I'm interested as to who you think won Syria, Libya, Somalia, Cambodia, Laos, Korea, our many invasions of Haiti and various central american nations, etc. Are we winning in Yemen and Pakistan, or does it not count if it's drones? Not that the answer matters, it's just the minimalization of our many disasters is sad.

Last edited:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Wanting Russia to be stopped from annexing Ukraine and to be prevented from committing further war crimes seems like a moderate position to hold imho.

Russia stared a war of aggression over natural resources with the intention of ethnically cleansing the Ukrainian people and to increase Russian territory with the stated intention of taking land from even more states in Central Europe when possible.

as far as black and white goes in this day and age of modern conflicts it's pretty clear who is in the wrong right now

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Wanting Russia to be stopped from annexing Ukraine and to be prevented from committing further war crimes seems like a moderate position to hold imho.

Russia stared a war of aggression over natural resources with the intention of ethnically cleansing the Ukrainian people and to increase Russian territory with the stated intention of taking land from even more states in Central Europe when possible.

as far as black and white goes in this day and age of modern conflicts it's pretty clear who is in the wrong right now

You talking to ghosts again? Not a single word here is different than anything I believe or have ever expressed, so strange to see it randomly dropped in here unless you just like listening to the sound of your own voice.

I wonder if you just scrolled past all the quotes I was responding to and didn't even know the context.