Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
"The Russians took Iranian instructors to the territory of the temporarily occupied Kherson Region and Crimea to launch Shahed-136 kamikaze drones," the government body alleged, citing Ukrainian underground resistance. "They teach the Russians how to use kamikaze drones, and directly monitor the launch of drones on Ukrainian civilian targets, including strikes on Mykolaiv and Odesa."

Iran asks its citizens to leave Ukraine immediately​

Additionally on Friday, the Iranian Foreign Ministry advised all Iranian citizens in Ukraine to leave immediately.

smh

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Sparta was actually kinda garbage militarily. They get hyped up to hell because of the "300" movie, and Halo, but they weren't this mighty nation of goons like they're portrayed.
The US has a terrible track record at "winning" wars. Doesn't stop people from claiming it's the "best"

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
The US has a terrible track record at "winning" wars. Doesn't stop people from claiming it's the "best"
"Terrible" is hyperbole. The only losses that America has are the below:

1. War of 1812
  2. Vietnam War
  3. Afghanistan War
The War of 1812 was somewhat inconclusive...

The Vietnam War was a strategic catastrophe due to shytty tactics. America went in the with a "body count" strategy, which means that they would go after any Vietcong or NVA, wipe them out and move out of the area. Damn near immediately after, the location would be reclaimed by the North Vietnamese.

America slaughtered the Taliban quickly, then trained the Afghani military for close to 2 decades, and them nikkas folded within a week of the US' withdrawal:mjlol:.

I'm not even sure if I can call that a loss. If the country is a shythole with zero resources and a group takes back power after you've withdrawn most of your forces, is it really a loss? More like a giant waste of resources imo.

America has been on the winning side for every other war.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
"Terrible" is hyperbole. The only losses that America has are the below:

1. War of 1812
  2. Vietnam War
  3. Afghanistan War
The War of 1812 was somewhat inconclusive...

The Vietnam War was a strategic catastrophe due to shytty tactics. America went in the with a "body count" strategy, which means that they would go after any Vietcong or NVA, wipe them out and move out of the area. Damn near immediately after, the location would be reclaimed by the North Vietnamese.

America slaughtered the Taliban quickly, then trained the Afghani military for close to 2 decades, and them nikkas folded within a week of the US' withdrawal:mjlol:.

I'm not even sure if I can call that a loss. If the country is a shythole with zero resources and a group takes back power after you've withdrawn most of your forces, is it really a loss? More like a giant waste of resources imo.

America has been on the winning side for every other war.
If you spend 20 years in a foreign country and the people you fought when it first started take it back over, as you leave you lost. Not learning from the previous invasions makes it worst.

Are we really pulling receipts from over a hundred years ago?

:mjlol::mjlol:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
If you spend 20 years in a foreign country and the people you fought when it first started take it back over, as you leave you lost. Not learning from the previous invasions makes it worst.

Are we really pulling receipts from over a hundred years ago?

:mjlol::mjlol:

Afghan war was a humanitarian disaster but from the Pentagon's point of view it was a way to show the world that the U.S. could kick ass for longer than any historic global power in the nation that empires go to die and just walk away like "Later, Jack!" :smugbiden: Brush it off and then drop 20 billion in 8 months in a proxy war against Russia in Eastern Europe... :banderas: The U.S. war machine is on
Cant Stop Wont Stop GIFs | Tenor
24/7/365. For good or bad, it moves like no other military has ever been able to now or ever. Seeing Russian forces ape Western tactics is like watching kids play dress up. It's fukking so stupid whenever I hear "Russia ain't even really flexing like that yet." :beli: My guy, If the U.S. really really says "I had do it to 'em" @Unknown Poster and well, does it to 'em... it'll be a sight to behold. How many NATO states are there again? This is going to end with a huge rearrangement of the board.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
America did not lose the Afghan war

Yeah, the U.S. said "fukk this, I'm out."
Still didn't win though. Foreign influence is real, the U.S. learned that in Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam when they were fighting Chinese ground troops, Iranian IED's and Russian pilots. It's deeper than rap.

gj5nawm_d.webp

Crimea by Halloween.