Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I was still in the Army when they invaded in 2014. Our attitude was us being kind of excited for an opportunity to bring them down a notch. Things just stayed clandestine with special operations trainers advising until they had to leave.

We were kind of shocked that Ukraine was able to hold them off with the little Army they had, at the time. Other nations started getting sick of the appeasement and watching Russia cut notches out of countries that bordered it. The outrage was super big when Russians/LDR/Wagner shot down that airliner.

Everyone kind of made up their minds that they wouldn’t back down if it happened again. Russia shouldn’t have taken it a step further. That’s why everyone is happy to test weapons on them now.
My unit was one of those stacking up in Germany at the time.

Europe hated us there as a growing deterrent because the sentiment was that we were making it worse. They weren't ready for an open conflict then but honestly it's always felt like they'd never be ready until it was there ass up next.

I really, really wish the 'but but but appeasement' stuff would die off though (like it never works lmao - countries appease the US all the fukking time). Clearing a pathway to deescalation needs to be a real part of the mission because theatrics aside, Russia has *not* gone full scorched earth like they could. I love watching Russian cheeks get clapped like anyone else, but you can go back 20 pages in this thread and not see anything resembling a tally of Ukrainian military losses. Its not just wins on wins. And with all the lolputin shyt... people know he's moving illogically, that makes things MORE dangerous and volatile not less.

So with all the ground game stuff going the way it is, cool. That's great. Lets not forget these Ukranian kids didn't get to leave either.

Superstar
Daps
My unit was one of those stacking up in Germany at the time.

Europe hated us there as a growing deterrent because the sentiment was that we were making it worse. They weren't ready for an open conflict then but honestly it's always felt like they'd never be ready until it was there ass up next.

I really, really wish the 'but but but appeasement' stuff would die off though (like it never works lmao - countries appease the US all the fukking time). Clearing a pathway to deescalation needs to be a real part of the mission because theatrics aside, Russia has *not* gone full scorched earth like they could. I love watching Russian cheeks get clapped like anyone else, but you can go back 20 pages in this thread and not see anything resembling a tally of Ukrainian military losses. Its not just wins on wins. And with all the lolputin shyt... people know he's moving illogically, that makes things MORE dangerous and volatile not less.

So with all the ground game stuff going the way it is, cool. That's great. Lets not forget these Ukranian kids didn't get to leave either.

2nd scr?

And I don’t believe in deescalation, in this case, given Russias modern history of not caring and continuing the brutality even after being given what they wanted. I firmly believe they’re going to have to continue to just duke it out. I also believe Ukraine is fully prepared to deal with the lumps. I’d be more concerned if they were still in the defensive mesh they held earlier this year. They’re maneuvering in a healthy way. Chechnya is the only other modern country to stand up to them. They had no support outside of jihadist and moved to appease. Their civilian population got proverbially and literally fukked inside out in revenge, for years. They still get disappeared on the daily.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
1st cav :mjlol: they sent us crash dummies out to south korea to stand around in the middle of nowhere for 6 months doing the same 'deterrent' aka endless field bullshyt. the people actually stationed there thought we looked goofy af

:mjlol:
Big boring ass patch. I added on more to my last response. I didn’t want to go to Korea as a duty station I can’t imagine having to go on a rotational deployment lmao.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Mjpls France Remix
Podcast's name is Le Collimateur and it goes super in depth with all military things around the world and history.

The actual ep I was quoting was a deep dive into the Russian strategic thinking and its effects on the current war :

Maybe you can pass the audio through some AI translation thing and get some decent english :lolbron:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
2nd scr?

And I don’t believe in deescalation, in this case, given Russias modern history of not caring and continuing the brutality even after being given what they wanted. I firmly believe they’re going to have to continue to just duke it out. I also believe Ukraine is fully prepared to deal with the lumps. I’d be more concerned if they were still in the defensive mesh they held earlier this year. They’re maneuvering in a healthy way. Chechnya is the only other modern country to stand up to them. They had no support outside of jihadist and moved to appease. Their civilian population got proverbially and literally fukked inside out in revenge, for years. They still get disappeared on the daily.
I don't necessarily disagree, but we need better exit strategies in general. Its objectively been a recurring theme and its already become apparent that even acknowledging "what next" is becoming increasingly uncomfortable across the board as people would rather track the best parts of the scoreboard than think of the next chapters here.

I'm very okay with dying suddenly and unexpectedly to nuclear fire but most aren't when it really looks like its time to punch out :russ: found that out firsthand during the Hawaii false alarm. And its good to know how much of a fight can go on without that kind of shyt entering the game. Also love to know that Russia can't actually fight. If they pop the trunk and pull out a nuke though, that's another point of no return that people ain't gonna like. I've yet to see anything like space lasers come into play so "you can't be afraid of that threat" means nothing. You don't have to be afraid of something to acknowledge the threat.

Its fine that Ukraine is (mostly) down to box it out. Two biggest things now are how the rest of NATO feels about them being the new big dogs in Europe, and what a suddenly fragile Russia means for the rest of the world.

Its not just about them either. All the countries that buy weapons/training from Russia are going to look to buy them from somewhere else - that's problems in every direction at once.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Podcast's name is Le Collimateur and it goes super in depth with all military things around the world and history.

The actual ep I was quoting was a deep dive into the Russian strategic thinking and its effects on the current war :

Maybe you can pass the audio through some AI translation thing and get some decent english :lolbron:

I don't speak french but I spent a few days in Paris a while back and fell in love with the city. Parts of it reminded me of the Grand Concourse in the Bronx. When I got back home I did some googles and found out that the Grand Concourse in the Bx was inspired by Champs-Elsees in Paris.

Grand Concourse (Bronx) - Wikipedia

French Stevie J

Superstar
Daps
I don't speak french but I spent a few days in Paris a while back and fell in love with the city. Parts of it reminded me of the Grand Concourse in the Bronx. When I got back home I did some googles and found out that the Grand Concourse in the Bx was inspired by Champs-Elsees in Paris.

Grand Concourse (Bronx) - Wikipedia

French Stevie J

I used google street view and the grand concourse looks like the final boss of walking 4 blocks from the train station to fukk a Puerto Rican woman you met at a corner store, 9 hours ago, hoping not to get robbed.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago

It is just a hour and a half, you can translate it in no time :troll:.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
It's funny because it's so fukking true.
Right. The US Navy looked at the F-22 and said there is no need for this. It is ridiculously OP compared to everything else (also very expensive).

It has a radar cross-section of a marble. So I guess if your radar systems can detect a supersonic marble you know what time it is.

Last edited: