Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I used google street view and the grand concourse looks like the final boss of walking 4 blocks from the train station to fukk a Puerto Rican woman you met at a corner store, 9 hours ago, hoping not to get robbed.

That sounds about right but I meant the architecture, street layout, planning, etc.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
I don't know the story of the F-22 and the Navy, gotta look it up.
I misspoke, it's the Airforce (the Navy is on F-35s and Super Hornets I believe). Since long-range missies get in the way of the need for stealth, the Airforce would rather modernize F-15s. Which is get high get fast fukk around and find out. Like the F-14 (my favorite).

Last edited:

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
I'm not sure what difference an "official" declaration of war would make, considering they're already throwing their entire army at it, doing mobilization, etc. And they probably have more to lose by calling arms suppliers "fair game" than they would gain. They'd already be attacking arms suppliers now if they weren't afraid of getting destroyed by the counterresponse.

I think the main effect of the bridge attack is what we're already seen - it gives Putin a convinient excuse to come in even harder against civilians and infrastructure than he already was. As others have pointed out in earlier pages, this sort of "terrorist bombing" campaign that Putin has started has a poor history in warfare of not really having much positive effect on the war effort, but it will certainly cause that much more suffering and death for the Ukrainian people.

One of the worst possible developments that could come is if Russian bombers get heavily involved. So far they've mostly been left out because the Ukrainian military is moving/operating in a manner that keeps them from having meaningful impact (and because early in the war he retained some notion of wanting russian-speaking Ukrainians to take Russia's side, or at least be a plausible occupied population for annexation). But if Putin lost concern with specifically supporting ground troops, and decided to just start bombing whatever, he could let a ton more air-based ordinance fly and make a lot more rubble in the country.

They'd be able to put all their resources into military production and put a pause on everything else, declare martial law, preemptively strike NATO targets (according to their laws) call up even MORE people, etc.

After watching Rings of Power on Amazon, the Orc comparison to the Russians is hilarious but very on point.

In the movies, the Allied nation (Men, Elves, Dwarves etc) would kill hundreds of Orcs a piece, but they just kept on coming. And they would throw big ass stones at the castles and just try overrun the Fellowship

This is literally Russias MO and Im pretty sure their plan for any greater war escalation in Ukraine or otherwise, just artillery strike everything into dust and then send in the grunts to hold those territories down. In fact the only pwriod they were winning (I think it was June July and early August) thats exactly what they did.

Morale was also atrocious among the Orcs, as was discipline and even infighting happened alot :mjlol:

But that doesnt mean the Orcs arent a threat that needs our attention :ufdup:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
They'd be able to put all their resources into military production and put a pause on everything else, declare martial law, preemptively strike NATO targets (according to their laws) call up even MORE people, etc.

After watching Rings of Power on Amazon, the Orc comparison to the Russians is hilarious but very on point.

In the movies, the Allied nation (Men, Elves, Dwarves etc) would kill hundreds of Orcs a piece, but they just kept on coming. And they would throw big ass stones at the castles and just try overrun the Fellowship

This is literally Russias MO and Im pretty sure their plan for any greater war escalation in Ukraine or otherwise, just artillery strike everything into dust and then send in the grunts to hold those territories down. In fact the only pwriod they were winning (I think it was June July and early August) thats exactly what they did.

Morale was also atrocious among the Orcs, as was discipline and even infighting happened alot :mjlol:

But that doesnt mean the Orcs arent a threat that needs our attention :ufdup:
another thing since we're talking cultural stuff

Russia is more okay with ridiculous loss of life among its forces than just about any other country aside from China. It changes a lot of this stuff because 'unacceptable losses' changes drastically depending on who's asking. There's not too many who'd take 500 dead in a day and drive on.

shyt, we make movies about half a dozen guys dying in combat.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
There’s idiots in the comments still saying Putin hasn’t used the new stuff yet. :mjlol:
I really wouldn't trust what the Brits say about Russian anything after that poisoning shyt went on right in their backyard... shyt, when they started dropping sanctions they were shocked at how many of their own ppl were on the same payroll as the folks they went after.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
There’s idiots in the comments still saying Putin hasn’t used the new stuff yet. :mjlol:
I don't doubt at all that Russia has some newer equipment, they're using plenty of older Iranian and Chinese equipment now. I suspect the reason we haven't seen any of it is because of the lack of knowledge and experience to use any of it, it's just like the modern fighters that they have but don't have the munitions for.

Not only has this war shown how inept Russian leadership development is, its shown how modernization force development has almost certainly never been on Putin or his regime's radar.