Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Define "victory"....But, before you do that you need to digest all of the L's that Putin has taken up to this point. Then you ask yourself "What kind of victory would it take to erase all of those L's?" Because those L's ain't going away. Those sanctions have already proven that Russia is not a self sufficient nation capable of producing all that domestic consumption requires. Let me put it to you this way, If sanctions remain in place a year from now Russia will not have a commercial airline industry. Period. Airbags in cars have already been tossed in the bushes because they can't manufacture them. This will cascade throughout all of Russian society.

As for Trump and the rise of the far right in Europe, meh... Putin is now seen as an existential threat to Europe, that's to say a massive shift in perception has taken place and I don't think National politics can tip the scale at this point, not even a Trump reelection. Worst case scenario is Trump pulls the U.S. out of NATO. Now Russia feels free to attack NATO soil and Article 5 kicks in.

Ain't no victory for Putin in this.

even if the U.S left NATO, canada is still in it. theres a very high likelihood they would participate after article 5 kicks in. I don't think the U.S is gonna let russia "play" in it's back yard in retaliation even if the U.S was no longer a NATO member. not even a trump presidency can let that slide due to public pressure.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Russia is focusing on taking out electricity and jamming satellite reception. All to hamper Ukraine's organizational, logistical, and technological capabilities.

Crimean bridge attack was always going to have some response like this. Ukrainians were able to intercept like half of the missiles.

India and China politically and economically still supporting Putin will keep continuing unless he commits to an all out constant attack on dual use targets. That's when Xi and Modi will be pushed.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We really need to be clear here. We awould be getting into a world war beacuse of Russia.

Super unpopular opinion here yall gimme hell if you want but, there's no reason we should be fighting this proxy war :yeshrug: ppl here cheerleadering and laugh at Ukraine "whooping" Russia when we know what it is, intelligence and arms being provided mostly by us.

Yes long story short I'm saying we should have let Ukraine go at it by themselves or at least let the Europeans by themselves worry about it. Instead we are slowly leading the March into what will be a massive world wide conflict unfortunately