Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unpopular view:
I think Russia may still have a shot at victory. They are doubling down and appear to be in this fight for the long haul. I think Putin is banking on the European countries to drawback support due to public pressure that will arise when the energy crisis really unfolds. And because of actions by the Fed, the US may be headed into recession which could lead to the reelection of Trump or someone Trump adjacent.

Perhaps, hopefully I'm wrong.
With what soldiers are they going to win with?

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Unpopular view:
I think Russia may still have a shot at victory. They are doubling down and appear to be in this fight for the long haul. I think Putin is banking on the European countries to drawback support due to public pressure that will arise when the energy crisis really unfolds. And because of actions by the Fed, the US may be headed into recession which could lead to the reelection of Trump or someone Trump adjacent.

Perhaps, hopefully I'm wrong.

The only way they "win" is by literally committing an insane amount of indiscriminate bombing and destruction of civilian targets to force the ukrainian leadership to negotiate a peace for the sake of the country... but if the goal is to annex most or all of ukraine/install a puppet leader.... sending them back to the stone age isnt gonna help.

Idk what the Euros are gonna do. Lots of right wingers being elected right now, thats not good for Ukraine either.