Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don’t think it’s surprising that anti-west/US, Putin proponents are fear mongering about nuclear war. The very people who have literally been wrong about everything since January have suddenly become nuclear deterrence experts and their advice is to give in to nuclear blackmail. Where does that end? Do we simply give up Poland too? After all Putin might use nukes - and if he does it’s our fault remember.
:mjlol:

There’s also this constant attempt to defend and baby Putin. Thank god the Russian military isn’t as powerful as Russian propaganda. The idea that Putin is a strongman mastermind is so ingrained here that people are willing to argue Putin should be treated with the utmost respect or else he might get mad and do something bad. The problem is that he already did something bad, and something stupid. How he gets out of this (alive) is anyone’s guess. But I simply don’t buy that he thinks a nuke saves him. All it does is alienate China and get the Russian army obliterated in Ukraine by US forces. At a time when Russian federation states are potentially on the brink of revolt. Seems like it would make more sense for this special operation to transition to those locations. Get people back in line and return home.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I don’t think it’s surprising that anti-west/US, Putin proponents are fear mongering about nuclear war. The very people who have literally been wrong about everything since January have suddenly become nuclear deterrence experts and their advice is to give in to nuclear blackmail. Where does that end? Do we simply give up Poland too? After all Putin might use nukes - and if he does it’s our fault remember.
:mjlol:

There’s also this constant attempt to defend and baby Putin. Thank god the Russian military isn’t as powerful as Russian propaganda. The idea that Putin is a strongman mastermind is so ingrained here that people are willing to argue Putin should be treated with the utmost respect or else he might get mad and do something bad. The problem is that he already did something bad, and something stupid. How he gets out of this (alive) is anyone’s guess. But I simply don’t buy that he thinks a nuke saves him. All it does is alienate China and get the Russian army obliterated in Ukraine by US forces. At a time when Russian federation states are potentially on the brink of revolt. Seems like it would make more sense for this special operation to transition to those locations. Get people back in line and return home.
Autocracy always brings the danger of unraveling geopolitical stability.

The more powerful the state, the more chances for things to unravel.

There really are no great options with a weakened Russia. It’s not like parties in China wouldn’t push for some kind of control in the area. Which probably puts India on alert.

The threat of Russia was a huge narrative to “the west.” Now where do these Middle East dictator’s turn?

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Looks like the escalation has begun. Intense bombing of all the big Ukrainian cities going on right now. Critical infrastructure and maybe a decapitation strike on Zelensky being planned cause theyre hitting the administrative zones of Kiev. shyt just got real again. I knew that bridge operation was gonna elicit something but this is crazy. People hiding in the subways.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unpopular view:
I think Russia may still have a shot at victory. They are doubling down and appear to be in this fight for the long haul. I think Putin is banking on the European countries to drawback support due to public pressure that will arise when the energy crisis really unfolds. And because of actions by the Fed, the US may be headed into recession which could lead to the reelection of Trump or someone Trump adjacent.

Perhaps, hopefully I'm wrong.