Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The failed thunder run
The failure to properly support an Air Assault
The failure to successfully perform follow on air assaults
The failure to perform a mass parachute jump
A failure to distribute force and support
Failure to Protect naval assets that support the ground forces
Failure to maintain an early logistical chain
The list goes on and on.

Everything boils down to either them not knowing how to perform, not having correct or existing logistics, not rehearsing or training on what they’re supposed to do, not securing the air, or making it easy for 100% of the local population to hate you.

We were able to do everything we did because we had all that stuff in place every step of the way. And no matter how bad things got, some of the population had our back.

All of our movements are planned, visualized, rehearsed repeatedly until we can do it without sleep or food, we rehearse so much that contingencies for the contingencies come naturally as air. We can always adapt and support each other because we always know where ourselves and others are supposed to be. We also always have a lot of supporting firepower above and behind us. Even if we didn’t we have the force density to tough it out until there, which is why our smaller formations can beat up on bigger ones.

I can write a ten page essay on the failed air assault alone. Every large operation looks like something they saw in one of our documentaries or a command staff PowerPoint, and some general brought it to Putin like “this is what we’re going to do to bring the Ukrainians to their knees”.

They skip all the mandatory steps to prepare an operation and try to skip to the fun parts. It’s like taking kids who learned to hoop from and1 mixtapes and having them try out for a college basketball team. You get a bunch of guys chucking, trying to break ankles, hogging the ball, skipping defense, completely missing fundamentals.
that failed air assault to take that airbase was far more telling than i realized fr :dead: like they just skipped all those parts about when NOT to try and when you HAVE to stop

also, there's no way they can effectively call for fire with their communications being this jacked up, ate on, and working with a shytty picture. was telling my boy that a junior NCO wouldn't be doing most of the shyt their generals are doing. worst of all, this is a LONG time for a modern soldier to be fighting man. we cycled guys out of heavy fighting constantly bad optics be damned.

if you've somehow survived from day 2 to now as forward mechanized in russia.... well, i just don't think its possible :mjlol: you can't fight like this in an away game.