Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Russia’s whole strategy relies on demoralizing the enemy until they give up and lose the will to fight. They can’t do that the traditional way, like the US does it, so they almost immediately and relentlessly target civilian populations. Ukraine and all the other former Soviet satellites understand this and taunt/troll Russia because humiliation/looking weak, in front of their peers, is a cultural Achilles heel to them.

But keep going with that. Humiliation/looking weak is a cultural achilles heel, so they expect Russia to respond by....?

For an honor-based society, wouldn't the natural response to humilation/looking weak be escalation, not withdrawal?

Superstar
Daps
But the taunting isn't focused on Russian soldiers, it's focused on Putin. Soldiers don't give a fukk about Putin's birthday. How does taunting Putin increase the chances that he'll give up and pull his troops, refuse to use nuclear weapons, and/or sign a peace treaty that restores Ukraine's territorial soveignity?
Because their culture prefers a “strong” hand to guide the ship. There hasn’t been a chance for any treaties or all that shyt since Bucha. Nobody is going to use nuclear weapons.

Ukraine and most every govt. behind them has already decided that they are going to take their land back by force, no matter how many bodies Russia/Putin sends. Psychologically, all their morale is connected from the bottom to the top.

You see how shytty their attitudes, will power, and morale is now that they have nothing to brag about. No more “w-w-wait until the KA-52’s show up… wait until the T-90A’s… Wait until mobilization…”. Everytime they open their mouths Ukraine or the US tells them to boot up or shut up. No one is afraid of them anymore.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Russia’s whole strategy relies on demoralizing the enemy until they give up and lose the will to fight. They can’t do that the traditional way, like the US does it, so they almost immediately and relentlessly target civilian populations. Ukraine and all the other former Soviet satellites understand this and taunt/troll Russia because humiliation/looking weak, in front of their peers, is a cultural Achilles heel to them.

Another thing to watch is how Russians basically watched our highlight reels from desert storm and OIF/OEF and now they try to do things they saw without understanding what we were doing or why we did it. Ukraine is also using a lot of our doctrine after learning it straight from the source. It must also burn their souls seeing Ukraine being so successful, using our tactics, while the Russians fukk up at every turn. During and after Mariupol they said fukk it and went back to their own doctrine of assaulting behind a wall of arty. Now they their supply points keep getting attacked they have been open to being gutted while defending or assaulting.
and they expect the same from mercenary groups that we asked of coalition forces :dead:
But keep going with that. Humiliation/looking weak is a cultural achilles heel, so they expect Russia to respond by....?

For an honor-based society, wouldn't the natural response to humilation/looking weak be escalation, not withdrawal?
and to continue escalation, you need an exponential increase in support. straining that has already paid off across the board as well.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Serious for a second, what is the practical objective of taunting? Trying to without evaluation for a moment to see if there's a positive strategy in it.
Morale booster. Russian capable men of fighting age are leaving the country in droves because they have no motivation to fight.
Don't underestimate morale in war.

Superstar
Daps

There isn’t anything else to escalate. Russia has had the door wide open, they’re just incapable. Ukraine don’t expect Russia to do anything but continue to meet them head on. Russia has done far too much to expect a treaty. It’s like how dirty the GOP can be until they’re on the opposite end, then they want everyone else to turn the other cheek. It’s simply time to throw hands on an international scale. Ain’t no teachers to break it up, ain’t no time outs, cease-fires, etc. it’s pointless. Everyone knows Russia won’t honor it. It’s just time to fight it out.

And I wouldn’t exactly call Russia honor driven, more of a “law of nature” type of culture. An “If I’m bigger and stronger than you and I want you have then you must give it to me or I’ll punch you in the face” type of culture. They strive to be a blend of early Turkish, mongol, and Euro cultures.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
Russia came in the club deep. They were all bouncing to Lil Jon’s “Bia Bia”, pushing nikkas out the way, grabbing random hoes on the ass, knocking nikkas drinks out they hand.

They stepped on Ukraine’s white on white ones. punched one in the face, and tried to snatch chains and run pockets.

The rest of Ukraine came out the bathroom like “NOT MY nikka, SHAWTY!”, swinging on everything, making all the real nikka fight sound effects like: “yughhhhh! nikka, YAM! YAHKAP!…fukkASSnikka! YEAHHH *pap pap…pap pap* fukknikkafukknikka!”

Russia ran out the club threatening to pop the trunk. Ukraine came outside like “fukk the other side!”

Russia started to air the club out with 2 rusty hi-points and an SW40 ve, but the US had already got the call to bring choppers to the club, plus the lil blickies the Ukrainians hid in they girls purses and bras.

The police ain’t coming and sports bar been hot ever since.

Russia shot up somebody momma house and now other Russians can’t even come outside anymore because Ukraine lit the school bus up, the park, the corner store. It’s fist, feet, and bullets every time they get spotted. Funerals, music videos, and pool parties getting shot up. mommas and baby mommas getting fukked on.

Russia getting YFN Lucci’d up everytime they drop a song.

Eastern Ukraine is Atlanta’s body tap/club bounce parking lot in 1998-2003.

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Ain’t no teachers to break it up, ain’t no time outs, cease-fires, etc. it’s pointless. Everyone knows Russia won’t honor it. It’s just time to fight it out.

And I wouldn’t exactly call Russia honor driven, more of a “law of nature” type of culture. An “If I’m bigger and stronger than you and I want you have then you must give it to me or I’ll punch you in the face” type of culture. They strive to be a blend of early Turkish, mongol, and Euro cultures.

This GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The trolling is not a Putin strategy i

The trolling is not a strategy to influence Putin, it's to influence public opinion. They are using the same Cambridge Analytic , ***** troll to accomplish it. The same way it was used to make Trump palatable and to convince us a pedo ring was being run out of a pizza parlour.

It's all about influence and tearing down the image of formidability Putin and Russia built up over the years. Putin is literally getting a taste of the social media influence peddling he introduced to the political sphere. Trolls farms and influence peddlers drowning out his point of view and making him laughing stock.

Long may it continue

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
What does putin have in his deck at this point? Basically just nukes, right? He's taking a major L on all fronts so far. The mobilization is unpopular af and besides nukes there literally isn't anything more he can do.

Wonder if he lives till Hague :lupe:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
What does putin have in his deck at this point? Basically just nukes, right? He's taking a major L on all fronts so far. The mobilization is unpopular af and besides nukes there literally isn't anything more he can do.

Wonder if he lives till Hague :lupe:

Bro, you don't even know what Putin is still holding back. @PewPew told me there is still a million man standing army that are just chilling and waiting for the word to go from Papa Putin. Don't forget about the Hypersonic missiles that he's sitting on either. Oh, and SU-57's too, Russia has like 5 of them and ain't making no more so of course he's gonna hold those back.

I heard he rebooted Stalin's Ape-Man project as well.

It's a wrap at this point, Ukraine should just lay down their arms and hand over everything the West has given them to fight.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
Russia is taking historic military L's right now, in terms of personnel deaths and equipment losses. What is the off-ramp here? You cant claim any of the annexed territories and Ukraine has no incentive to cede anything at this point. I don't think you can just throw Ill-equipped bodies at this like it's 1940.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
I don't think you can just throw Ill-equipped bodies at this like it's 1940.
aside from the loss of life this has been working out okay for both ethiopia and tigray (and dpr/lpr until recently)

then again no party in those conflicts had a mainline to nato intelligence which knows your troop movements before your own generals do :pachaha: