Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Russia is taking historic military L's right now, in terms of personnel deaths and equipment losses. What is the off-ramp here? You cant claim any of the annexed territories and Ukraine has no incentive to cede anything at this point. I don't think you can just throw Ill-equipped bodies at this like it's 1940.
Putin isn't even clear on what his goals are and isn't sharing them, so you dont even know what to offer him. This shyt is irrational as hell.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What does putin have in his deck at this point? Basically just nukes, right? He's taking a major L on all fronts so far. The mobilization is unpopular af and besides nukes there literally isn't anything more he can do.

Wonder if he lives till Hague :lupe:
human waves

I mean unless he wants to just start using his latest military tech and just tries to actually kill Zelensky, then...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Because their culture prefers a “strong” hand to guide the ship. There hasn’t been a chance for any treaties or all that shyt since Bucha. Nobody is going to use nuclear weapons.

Ukraine and most every govt. behind them has already decided that they are going to take their land back by force, no matter how many bodies Russia/Putin sends. Psychologically, all their morale is connected from the bottom to the top.

You see how shytty their attitudes, will power, and morale is now that they have nothing to brag about. No more “w-w-wait until the KA-52’s show up… wait until the T-90A’s… Wait until mobilization…”. Everytime they open their mouths Ukraine or the US tells them to boot up or shut up. No one is afraid of them anymore.
whats wild is those KA-52s were supposed to revolutionize close air support...and they're just stinger bait :picard:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
There isn’t anything else to escalate. Russia has had the door wide open, they’re just incapable. They don’t expect Russia to do anything but continue to meet them head on. Russia has done far too much to expect a treaty. It’s like how dirty the GOP can be until they’re on the opposite end, then they want everyone else to turn the other cheek. It’s simply time to throw hands on an international scale. Ain’t no teachers to break it up, ain’t no time outs, cease-fires, etc. it’s pointless. Everyone knows Russia won’t honor it. It’s just time to fight it out.

And I wouldn’t exactly call Russia honor driven, more of a “law of nature” type of culture. An “If I’m bigger and stronger than you and I want you have then you must give it to me or I’ll punch you in the face” type of culture. They strive to be a blend of early Turkish, mongol, and Euro cultures.
People keep forgetting this, but for all the talk of "NATO Expansion"...The USA literally begged Russia not to do this.

And they did it anyways cause they thought the world was too p*ssy to do anything about it like in 2008 or 2014 or 2015...Nope.

After what they did to assist Trump AND all those assassinations in Europe...Putin and everyone around him has been Greenlit and its only one way out of this. Putin know it too. The problem is everyone around Putin can't safely eliminate him without securing their positions in a post-putin world. Thats why corruption is so bad. You can't even have functioning continuity of government!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Morale booster. Russian capable men of fighting age are leaving the country in droves because they have no motivation to fight.
Don't underestimate morale in war.
not to mention the brain drain from February of people reading the tea leaves and knowing it was only gonna get worse.

if you hadn't left before this summer you basically had no options of ever being able to leave.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Russia’s whole strategy relies on demoralizing the enemy until they give up and lose the will to fight. They can’t do that the traditional way, like the US does it, so they almost immediately and relentlessly target civilian populations. Ukraine and all the other former Soviet satellites understand this and taunt/troll Russia because humiliation/looking weak, in front of their peers, is a cultural Achilles heel to them. Ukraine is taking their licks and showing them that it doesn’t affect their resolve like they got docked in the mouth and said “I ate those shyts”

Another thing to watch is how Russians basically watched our highlight reels from desert storm and OIF/OEF and now they try to do things they saw without understanding what we were doing or why we did it. Ukraine is also using a lot of our doctrine after learning it straight from the source. It must also burn their souls seeing Ukraine being so successful, using our tactics, while the Russians fukk up at every turn. During and after Mariupol they said fukk it and went back to their own doctrine of assaulting behind a wall of arty. Now they their supply points keep getting attacked they have been open to being gutted while defending or assaulting.
not to mention superior NATO satellite GPS etc...just basic shyt... :wow:

Thats why when I look at Russia's response to the F-15 being the MIG-31 I just sorta laugh. Yeah it flies high and fast...but its just a steel rocket. Its not acrobatic and its not much of a dogfighter.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
What is the off-ramp here?

There isn't one so just forget about it. An off ramp is just a "get out of jail free card" and nobody is having it. Russia is going to get fukked in the ass slowly in front of the entire world and it's Putin's fault. NATO gonna make Putin moan and tell them he likes it.

I don't think you can just throw Ill-equipped bodies at this like it's 1940.

And Yes That Last One Is Also A Because Why Not GIFs - Get the best GIF on  GIPHY

Seriously though, why don't you think this is Putin's plan?

This is Russia's Zerg War. What do you think the Z stands for?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
And Yes That Last One Is Also A Because Why Not GIFs - Get the best GIF on  GIPHY

Seriously though, why don't you think this is Putin's plan?

This is Russia's Zerg War. What do you think the Z stands for?

The potential truth in that statement that worries me is that Ukraine doesn't have infinite resources, and western democracies don't have infinite patience. Russia has lost material but not nearly enough to "run out" of material in the foreseeable future. So they literally could keep throwing bodies at Ukraine until the Russian people full-on rebel or the West gets tired of spending money on Ukraine and turns back to domestic issues. Democrats lose the House in November, Europeans get tired of being in emergency mode on energy supplies, Ukraine starts running into basic issues of even maintaining a society due to all the infrastructure damage and population loss....there are multiple deadlines here and it's not a given that Putin's deadline is gonna hit first.

Perhaps there's another way, but it feels like there's at least a serious possibility that Putin needs an off-ramp or there needs to be a coup. I haven't heard anyone give a realistic 3rd way. And the US has had a pretty poor track record in history of hoping/waiting for coups that never actually materialized.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
But keep going with that. Humiliation/looking weak is a cultural achilles heel, so they expect Russia to respond by....?

For an honor-based society, wouldn't the natural response to humilation/looking weak be escalation, not withdrawal?
response could be conscripts revolting more than what we have seen thus far